The Chili Challenge approaches - any tips?

Coconut milk, yoghurt, and bananas

Chili My Soul ROCKS MY WORLD!!!

I try to eat there at least once every few months, and have never had a chili I didn’t like. Take there heat numbering system seriously though. A 8 or 9 really is quite hot. I have not gotten up the courage to try Diablo yet. I am personally a fan of the Texas Pride, Deep Beef, and the Habenaro/ Mango Chicken. A 5 a 3 and an 8 respectivly.

They have good fries too, if you want chili fries, but I am a purist and usually just get a bowl and sometimes a baked potato if I am really hungry.

Also, try chocolate as a mix in. I didn’t believe it either until the girl behind the counter talked me into it, but trust me on this one.

Take some Pepto-Bismol beforehand. I swear by Pepto.

Well, I’m through today’s installment. The chili was definitely hotter than on the second day last year. Still, I was able to down a bowl with no problem. Tomorrow will be the real test.

Oh and Chili my Soul sounds amazing. I’ll have to keep it in mind if I’m ever out in SoCal.

hows your stomach? Have you had the final bowlful yet?

DopeFest!

Good luck with the Chili Challenge, Lord Il Palazzo!

I don’t understand the question. Chili, by definition, doesn’t have beans in it. If what you are eating has beans in it, it, by definition, isn’t chili. Soup maybe, but not chili.

I just finished the last bowl and am feeling great.

Well, that’s about 3/4 true. I did finish the challenge and am feeling pretty good. My stomach was churning a little bit but I’ve taken some Pepto and it’s quieting down.

I didn’t have nearly as much trouble as last year, mainly because I forced myself to eat faster and drink less water. (Thanks silenus for the tips.) We’ll see how I’m feeling later before we declare the experience a complete success.

I can’t say that I like this year’s t-shirt very much, though. Last year’s was red with an orange dragon holding a bowl and spoon and spouting fire. This year’s is white with the words “Hot Stuff” surrounded by flames. The dragon is much cooler.

A free shirt is a free shirt. Wear it working out or something. Free chili and a free shirt is not to be sneezed at!

Glad you made it through unscathed.

UncleRojelio, I am in complete agreement, but that is (and has been) another thread. Some people just don’t understand the purity of a bowl of red. But the price of purity is purists, and we can be very annoying sometimes. :smiley:

Yeah, well, there’s (at least) two schools of thought on that . . .

Yeah, I posted in that thread too. I just want to make sure the record remains straight. There are no beans in chili.