The Dave-Guy hits 1000

Not that I care about thousandth post parties, and I’m not suggesting one, but it seems some people care about this milestone. So, for those people, this is my 1000th post.

Let the good times roll.

Screw the party, I just wish you’d post more; I really enjoy your input. You’ve been here two god damn years, and you’ve only raised your hand a thousand times? Slacker.

Yes, Ike, I’ve been remiss. But thanks for the opportunity to indulge in some shameless self-promotion.

I recently became a member of The NetWits, an internet humor writer’s group. Since joining, I’ve been getting so much e-group mail, most of my time online is spent reading the 50 or so messages I get every day.

Still, if you’re interested in the finest, funniest writers on the internet, you can link through my website (click below) or go to http://www.thenetwits.com. Check out their e-zine, or look for the hard-copy magazine at a dumpster near you.

(looks around)

Well, either you’ve grossed everybody out with the shameless self-promotion, or I’m your only friend.

(continued silence)

Maybe there’s a deck of cards around here somewhere…you play cribbage?

sigh

I guess this is what happens when you take two whole years to post 1000 times. How quickly people forget. Damn the fickle tastes of the common rabble anyway!

OK, Ike, I’m not real big on cribbage, but I can hold my own pretty well in backgammon. Set 'em up.

Good for you. :smiley:

Congrats Dave! At the rate I’m going, it’s going to take me just as long to get there. :smiley:

Good to see you around again…great link, too!

So to celebrate your perseverance, you offer me yet another internet experience that I can become addicted to. Gee thanks.

Still, I lift my beer in your honour mate!

Redboss

C’mon, guys, let’s show a little appreciation for DAVE. I know there’s more than three of you out there.

(Heh heh heh…also, I wanna keep him at this backgammon table here; I’ve taken forty-three bucks off him so far.)

Not a chance, Ike! Next NYC Dopefest we attend, I’m bringing my board. Then we’ll see who can backgammon and who can’t.

Congrats to the board’s favorite serial killer. :):smiley:

Sorry so late, Dave honey…

When I first joined this board, one of my first threads (in fact I think it was the FIRST thread I started) was one concerning an ant I found in my kitchen. I was just sort of trying to be funny, or…well, I don’t really remember WHAT I was doing. I don’t think I knew what I was doing then, either. But, I digress.

Anyway, much to my surprise, this wonderful guy popped in and told me how to handle the situation. Who was that, you ask?

DAVEW0071, that’s who.

Dave, you are a darling man, and always willing to lend a hand to people who need your expertise, or your support, or just a kind word.

I think the world of you, my friend.

Happy 1000!

And…how do you feel about pinochle?

Scotti

Scotticher said:

Thanks, Scotty. You’re a sweetie. And I don’t know how to play pinochle, but I’ve always sort the word “pinochle” sounded vaguely obscene. Especially when used in a sentence such as, “Come on over, I’m getting a group together to play pinochle.”

That being the case, I’d love to have you teach me the finer points.

Happy one thousand, DAVEW0071!

A hello and a what’s up to Sakura, too. :slight_smile:

Congratulations, DAVE! Here’s to many more posts!

And I am just the woman to teach you, too! :slight_smile:

Scotti

Oh goodness, I’m so sorry I missed this!

Congrats, Dave! You DO need to post here more. And so does your charming daughter. How’s she doing, anyway? :smiley:

Sakura’s fine, thanks for asking. You can see a poorly reproduced photo of her at my website, at least for another day or two, by the way. She hasn’t posted much lately because she’s been hammered with lots of work at school. So she doesn’t have as much time to linger in SDMB right now. Maybe I’ll light a fire under her butt, since Persephone and AudreyK both were kind enough to ask after her. She thinks both you ladies rock, by the way.

And so do I! :wink: