The Death of Bullwinkle

Horton. Having grown up with him as the narrator of Rocky & Bullwinkle, I was surprised to discover that he had an actual acting careerbefore that. I loved the scene where Boris tied and gagged the narrator to keep him from talking about his plot. Then later . . . hey! Did anyone question the narrator about the anvil dropping incident? He always saw everything.

That’s too bad. I’m having a bad hair day and needed to use Moose AND Squirrel.

I was no where near that moose! He lives in some cold place and I live in the desert and we’re not even in the same Cartooniverse! That stupid bird is probably trying to frame me! That bastard!

No worries. Dudley Do-Right is on the case.

Whoever dropped the anvil didn’t know his own strength.

We’re doomed…

I dunno, maybe it was 2 flying squirrels, supporting it on a line.

Perhaps an African flying squirrel.

I heard moose finally managed to pull that wabbit out of his hat - that wascally wabbit.

Are you suggesting anvils migrate?

EEH narrated Fractured Fairy Tales. William Conrad (he of Cannon and radio Gunsmoke fame) narrated the R&B episodes. Charlie Ruggles, also a veteran actor, supplied the voice of Aesop.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that Ponsonby Britt was involved in Bullwinkle’s demise. The famous moose and the fictional Executive Producer never got along.

Not at all. They could be carried.

By that skinny armed coyote? I don’t think so.

Does the Way-Back machine have a lower limit on how far back it can go? Maybe Mr. Peabody and that dumb-ass kid Sherman could just pop back in time a bit and see who dropped the anvil. My money is on the frog Hoppity Hooper trying to take out the competition and dropping the anvil from out of The Traffic Zone.

Look, even two flying squirrels could not maintain the airspeed velocity to carry a normal anvil, let alone a 16-tonner.

What do you mean? African or European flying squirrels?

There is another possibility.

One word: Trebuchet.

This is all a bunch of bunk!
Bullwinkle wants you all to know that he’s alive and doing well. He will be appearing in a new theatrical short in front of the Mr. Peabody and Sherman movie in early 2014. It’s too early to say but this may be a prelude to a new R&B movie. So things are looking up for the ol’ Winkster and he would like to offer his best wishes to you and yours this holiday season.

However, Commander McBragg, he’s lost in the Himalayas and hasn’t been seen for months.