The Death of "Guy Stuff"

I am going to e-mail Eutychus and ask him to kill the “Guy Stuff” thread. There seem to be way too many double posts at the end of it. Additionally, I can no longer read the end of the thread no matter how I refresh my browser.

Before I do that though, can someone tell me if my last post appears there or not?

And thanks to all who participated. It’s been fun.

Here’s mud in yer eye!
Yer pal, UncleBeer.

I never made it to the end… nor participated… but Unc… your threads never cease to amuse me. Thanks!

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

Unc, the last post on the thread is one from Vestal Blue (in triplicate) suggesting that Guy Stuff be continued in a fresh thread, as it takes too long to post, to load, etc. the last post of yours on the thread (that I see) is a couple of pages back, and goes thus:

Guy Stuff is truly a monument to… to… um
Yeah. Looking forward to Guy Stuff, the Sequel!

Self-centered to the extreme…
Chrome Toaster

Thanks Chromey, but I know I posted after that, just about a half an hour ago. The post count updated on the topic summary page so I think my final comments are there, I just can’t view them. Apparently you can’t see the end of the thread either. I think there are about six posts after the final one you mentioned.

Goodbye guy stuff.

Here’s mud in yer eye!
Yer pal, UncleBeer.

Now just a minute! This is an outrage!

You can’t do that!

This thread is bigger than the sum of it’s parts, and it deserves a better fate than murder.

Sure, it’s old, it’s infirm, it’s creaky. So UnleBeerKavorkian’s solution is threadicide.

Out of reapect, Guy Stuff should be allowed to fade away with dignity, not callously put to death because it’s “inconvenient.”

Teeming Thosands! Rally around and do not allow this injustice to take place!

Who’s with me?

You are too late to register your indignation, Wally. I just a moment ago sent the e-mail of euthanasia.

Besides, 1111 is a damn fine number to end it on.

Homicidal maniac!

Oh, well.

Hey, thanks, Unc. It was a lot of fun.

Darn. And I was just gettin into it, too. Now waht are we supposed to do??? And I’m pretty sure one of the last one’s was one of mine. Now nobody will read my witty repartee. ha ha ha
What about a sequel??? We can’t all just hang out in space forever! Even Gilligan finally got to go home!!!

Life is teaching you some painful lessons. But it is from adversity that strength is born. You may have lost the inning, but I know you’ll win the game.

Oops! 'nother typo. ‘what’ it should say. :o

Life is teaching you some painful lessons. But it is from adversity that strength is born. You may have lost the inning, but I know you’ll win the game.

Make a new thread I 'spose. Something like:

Magic Spaceship or Guy Stuff Part Duex"

(sorry, I don’t know how to spell two in french.)

Let’s see if we can’t archive “Guy Stuff” so it remains for the ages. :slight_smile:

your humble TubaDiva
looking forward to many more adventures

Hmmm. So THAT was the deal ya made with the Hotel Gestapo, Unc!

Damnit Unc! Ya can’t do that!
I’ve got too many swashes to buckle yet!

VB

Changing my Sigline again 'cause Vebs’tummy is all better now!

Like I said over there, or tried to say in my invisible post, “If someone wants to start round two, be my guest.” I’m not going to be responsible for the lawyer’s fees or the paying the housecleaners this time, though.

Here’s mud in yer eye!
Yer pal, UncleBeer.

I agree, Unc. It’s been a shitload of fun while it lasted, but it has run its course.

Let this gem die in peace, and for sure another thread like it will pop up in due time.

And to think it all started with a small OP mocking a thread called “girl stuff”… what a trip it has been!

1111 is a fine number. UncleBeer, I salute you and your wicked sense of humour :smiley:

If you’re ever in Amsterdam and in need of a beer tour… lemme know!

Coldfire

"You know how complex women are"

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

You think you have problems VB ? There were lots of buckles on that thread that I never got to swash !

Uh, Uncle, I know it is/am/and/or/was your thread, but I have one question.

How the hell are we supposed to get home ?

HHHHHHeeeeeeellllpppppppppp !

" The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s indifference."
Elie Wiesel

Ayesha, I don’t think anyone needs to worry about getting home. I blew it up in on of the invisible posts.

See, getting home will not be a problem and your ashes are already orbiting. So there’s no disposal difficulties either.

Here’s mud in yer eye!
Yer pal, UncleBeer.

I guess “Guy Stuff” has burped its last belch, passed its last gas, and chugged its last beer.

Mem-or-ieeeees…

“People must think it must be fun to be a super genuis,
But they don’t realize how hard it is
to put up with all the idiots in the world.”
– Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
/

What ? You have killed me Uncle ?

Well now I shall have to haunt you for the rest of your life !

And to think , I wanted to swash your buckle next!

" The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s indifference."
Elie Wiesel

R.I.P., Guy Stuff.

We hardly knew ye.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.