The Democratic Field - March Madness Style

Sherrod Brown got a tie-breaking vote and beat Warren. The leads in all the other races held up.

Round 1 is over; on to Round 2, the Elite Eight. I’ll set up 4 new polls later today.

Please gently consider a single thread in which people can choose more than one response; you can include every bracket in that single poll.

Yeah, I think we’re smart enough to know not to vote for both people in the same competition.

I’m fine with multiple polls, it’s not like elections gets bombarded with numerous new threads each day.

We may be smart enough, but doesn’t mean that someone won’t inadvertently click the wrong button. Separate polls prevent that.

And Odin knows we accuracy for this subject.

If folks really want separate threads for this game, could it maybe happen in the thread game forum?

That doesn’t sound like a good idea. That’s the one forum I never visit. Elections isn’t really choked with new threads.

How about we set up eight separate threads to poll if people want separate threads?

I don’t ever visit thread games either, which is exactly why this sounds like such a good idea to me :).

It’s not the number of new threads, it’s about the percentage of threads near the top of the forum taken up by a single game. When half of the top dozen threads are dedicated to a game, it drowns out the other conversations.

This is a game, and it’s being conducted in threads. That’s what that forum is for; it was created because the games forum was getting choked by game threads.

Edit: that said, I don’t want to hijack this thread. I’ll put any more conversation about where it belongs in ATMB.

As far as this month’s polls, I think the horse is already out of the barn. Future polls would probably be better off consolidated than conducted in Thread Games.

One problem with consolidating the entire round into a single poll is that if there are some pairings where you know who you want to pick, and some pairings where you don’t, you can’t fill in your picks in the former pairings now, and come back and fill in the rest later once you’ve made up your mind.

I was about to make the same observation. I know which I’d prefer in all of the others, but don’t yet have a strong opinion on Harris vs. Klobuchar. Maybe I will have an opinion on one of them by the time the polls close. I certainly hope I’ll have an opinion on them by the time of the primaries, and now is as good a time to start as ever.