The "Dude where is my car" fan club

After seeing numerous posts in another thread about this movie I broke down and watched it tonight on HBO. I went in with pretty low expectations- and laughed my butt off. It was a goofy fun little movie! :smiley:

Now it probably not too dignified to admit that you liked this movie, but dammit I did and I am not too ashamed to admit it. Ok, I am a little, but that’s not the point. We must spread the word, this movies pretty funny in a goofy way.

Just another another pleasant surprise delivered by our fellow Dopers.

“And then, and then, and then. . . .”

LOL:p

So come out of the “DWIMC” closet!

-me

Then you’ll love this.

Dude, Where’s My Wife?

Coming Attractions sure stays on top of things.

Shibby…

jayjay

Yeah, me too. It’s all my wife’s fault – we courted and married while on different continents, and during one of our few times together, DWMC was released. I jokingly suggested that we had to rush right out and see it, and she gave me that wife look that brooks no argument.

Of course, that meant I really really really had to see it, but I didn’t get the chance until it came to HBO.

Laughed my ass off. Of course it wasn’t going to win any Oscars, but it was so over-the-top stupid that I couldn’t help but love it. The most important thing was that everyone involved looked like they were having fun. I seriously doubt that the words “What’s my motivation in this scene?” ever came up. Every now and then, you just need one of those kind of movies.

What made the movie extra wonderful for me was that when it came out, it was in the middle of finals, so the absolute last thing my friends and I needed was a movie requiring ANY brain power. I love crappy movies, but more importantly, I love crappy movies that are fun, and the actors know what’s going on. It always hurts me to see a movie like “Dude” where the main actors are trying to pull off star calibre performances. It just doesn’t work. The fact that everyone in the movie knew it was just a film for shits and giggles helped make it one of the greatest “I need a movie to help my brain relax” movies, right after Dirty Work.

And any movie with a dance number is definitely Oscar worthy.

love it.

the twins! are so hot!

and the bit with ostriches:

“dude! llamas!”
laughed my ass off.

I rented is because I am such a fan of that Sean guy, who played Stiffler in the American Pie movies. But really, Ashton Kuchner plays dumb better! I liked it too. Just random stupid funny things. I liked how no one could resist popping the bubble suits of the nerds, and all they could ever come up to say in protest is something lame like “Quit it.”

Ooooh, yes. I rented it on a binge night several months ago and thought I was going to die laughing. The totally off-the-wall nonsense things that popped up for no reason at all were what kept it going. There was no obvious plot, so they just kept you guessing with what craziness would happen next. Wonderful.

Uhh, hello? It’s Dude, Where’s My Car? for Pete’s sake. You sound really geeky when you say “Dude, where is my car?” “Would you like to join my ‘Dude, where is my car?’ fan club?” :wink:

The writers expected the audience to be stoned or brain damaged. After every scene Chester and Whatshisfuck give us a quick recap of what just happened and what they’ll be doing next.

Sadly I still needed the end explained to me.

Hurray for Dude Where’s my Car! I think my fave was the rap video scene. Also at the very end where you finally see the car. I actually listened to the commentary track on the DVD and it was Kuchner and the other guy talking about it. They obviously thought their movie was hilarious.

Anyway, every now and then I forget where I parked my car. Perfect chance for me to say “Dude, where’s my car?” and for my SO to reply “Where’s your car, dude?”

By the way this exact exchange of dialogue can also be found in The Big Lebowski.

Weeeellll, I won’t say I loved it, but I did think it was pretty cute and had some funny moments. (I especially liked the 80’s style music-video interlude to "Bust a Move.)

Did you hear that the guy who played the mean jock got caught in Pakistan with a crapload of heroin and might be executed? Now THAT was a stupid thing to do. I don’t have a link but it was in Romensko’s a couple weeks ago. (I’d search but I don’t know the guy’s name.)

Great movie! Hilarious.

Found it: http://www.msnbc.com/news/725995.asp

Dude, I bought the DVD. Hilarious movie from start to finish, except for when Andy Dick brought things to a screeching, brake-squaling, grinding halt. One of several really high-quality dumbass movies that came out in a little spurt, along with Sugar and Spice and Bring it On. Damn, I may have to watch it again tonight.

Didn’t even mean to see this movie, but I did. Friend o’mine worked at a movie theatre, so a bunch of us went to see Dungeons and Dragons for free (like anyone in their right mind’d pay for that steaming wad). Then, as we were standing in the lobby getting ready to leave, I saw a big group of stoner-types walk by. “Huh,” I said, “wanna be they’re here for Dude, Where’s my Car?” “Well, it starts in five minutes,” says Theater Friend. “Heyyyyyy, why not?” So we watched it.

Laughed my nuts off. Loved it. Especially when I saw that Brent freakin’ Spiner was in it. Now I find myself considering scraping together the money for the DVD, even though I just blew a hundred bucks on a copy of the OED … (wouldn’t it be amusing if those arrived on the same day)

Dude, I saw D&D opening night at full price. My best friend insisted we see it. My payback was she had to see DWMC with me. She hated D&D, loved DWMC. As far as I’m concerned, she still owes me, but she says my dragging her to Mulholland Drive squares us.

I recently watched (some) of this and was amazed to find that there was more to their amnesia than just a really heavy binge. It wasn’t hinted at in the ads (and I doubt I read a review).

But it would have helped sell the movie better if this extra angle was noted. But very puzzling as to how to do it with giving it away.

BTW. Not worth watching IMHO. I just find this “How do advertise it but not blow it.” issue a little interesting.

I’d love to have those 90 minutes, or whatever, back.