The effects of Alcohol

Wine makes me horny and Beer makes me sleepy…does anyone else get this effect or other effect from alcohol?.. aside from the usual plastered and hungover feelings

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Beer makes me pee and im always horny

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Tequila makes me want to fight.

Tequila makes me horny and rum makes me sleepy. Wines (sparkling and regular) just give me a headache without the benifit of a buzz (how rude!) Vodka and Gin make me the traditional drunk and silly. I don’t drink beer and I can’t think of anything else I’ve tried. Oh, Long Island Ice Teas make me insane, like a whole 'nother person entirely.

A few beers taste great and I’m happy, but then I get headachy and sleepy and have the nastiest headache in the morning.

I love wine, but red wine does hit harder and feel worse the next day. It’s been so long since I’ve had hard liquor I can’t remember. Maybe I should go back: good scotch just gave a glow and sound sleep. Now if I could just solve the expense factor…

Veb

Champagne gives me a hideous blinding headache. Even a sip quickly produces the sensation of steel spikes being driven through my skull.

Laugh hard; it’s a long way to the bank.

Three things seem to affect how any flavor of booze interacts with me:

1. sugary other stuff that’s in it (liquers)
  2. other stuff that remains in it (cogeners IIRC)
  3. carbonation

Although I didn’t realize it as I typed it out, the above listing works as a ranking of how badly some booze will wrestle with me the next day.

Another consideration is method of imbibement. Tequila is often taken in shots. I ain’t lookin’ forward to meeting DF any time soon.

All alcohol makes me sleepy.

Yer pal,
Satan

I have to go with Satan here, all I have ever noticed, is that I get tired and sleepy

Unforgiven

Note to Self:
get some tequila for next date…

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

I find that beer makes me throw up anything I’ve had to eat before I started drinking that day, and hard liquor makes me want to throw up whatever I’ve had to eat in the past week.

shots of anything tend to send me straight to the throne room rather quickly

“I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”-- Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
\/-------\ | |-----| |
…c.c…c.c…

Any alcohol I drink gets me high. Go figure.

Alcohol is known to unmask who you are or what you are feeling at the time.

Hmmm, good topic. One beer makes me sleepy. Anyone who’s had tequila can tell you, it’s a different kind of drunk than other types of booze. It makes you either want to fuck, fight or gamble. Hey, they’re all three a gamble these days, right? My favorite booze is, without question, Gin. aaagghhhhhh (Imitating Homer Simpson) Martinis are o.k., Tanquery & Tonic mmmmmmm. I enjoy beer too, but there’s nothing worse that cheap beer. Works better than prunes. Drink a couple of generic brand beers and I could shit through a keyhole at fifty yards!

Gee, I’ll bet I just made lots of friends!

enright3

I’ve been told by my brother, he could only tell I was really drunk one night. We went out for New Years and I had to close one eye for about 30 minutes, because I had double vision. I refused all drinks after that for the night. After about fifteen mixed drinks, what the hell do you expect. I didn’t buy any that night. I think some people wanted to see if they could put me under the table.

I’ll have to agree on the beer=sleep idea. Just this weekend I went to a frat halloween party and drank jungle juice (awesome stuff) all night long, and just got happy and silly. Then I had one beer, and I was dead tired. That’s how it goes, I guess.

–Tim

We are the children of the Eighties. We are not the first “lost generation” nor today’s lost generation; in fact, we think we know just where we stand - or are discovering it as we speak.

I’m allergic to alcohol. Any amount of alcohol in any form makes me want lots more alcohol. I may not get drunk right away. But no matter how much or how little I drink, I will wake up craving alcohol.

Watch out kids, it changes as you get older. Used to have a pretty good capacity for just about any type of beverage - and they all made me brilliant and witty and oh so clever. I learned at a young age how to maintain the buzz without getting pukey. Then I noticed that fermented things just made me sleepy, but I could still handle distilled spirits. Now it ALL puts me to sleep - for a while. The cognac, single malt and Canadian that I really like now gives me a blinding headache about 2:00a.m.

It’s a bitch gettin’ old!

Some people know a lot more when you tell them something than when you ask them something.

Alcohol makes one feel over confident, perhaps this is why so many drive after having some?

As I age I’ve also developed an alergy to alcohol. I start my hangover about 60 minutes after my first drink.

About six years ago me, my husband, my brother and his wife, went “out on the town” (a small bar in a hick town five minutes from my house, to be precise) and partied hardy. This was a Friday night. Monday morning I was still too sick and had to call in sick to work. That’s when I quit drinking.

Now I’m the sober, designated driver.