The first creeping signs of senility

[QUOTE=sneezy5660]
Are you guys kidding? I did something like that when I was a teenager!

I was walking through the house, looking here and there, under this and that.

Finally, my mother got tired of watching me walk around and asked,
“What are you looking for?”

“My glasses.”

“Did you look on your nose?”

:smack:
[/QUOTE]

I did the almost the same thing when I was about 13 or 14, running around the house getting more and more frustrated and agitated looking for a coat which, of course, I was wearing.

[QUOTE=featherlou]

(We won’t discuss how things go if I put something in a different place. I can’t find my glasses without my glasses - that wouldn’t go well.)
[/QUOTE]

I really, really need to remember to have my glasses handy when I take out my contact lenses. Because once the lenses are out, I can’t see a damn thing, and then I play the “pat hands blindly across all the surfaces in the house” game, hoping to come across my glasses.

And I often have three coffee cups going at one time, because I’ll make myself a coffee without remembering that I just did that 20 minutes ago.

My brain works perfectly, except when I walk through the magic doorways. You know, the ones giving out the short-term memory erasure pulses? Like when you stand up to go get something in another room, walk through the magic doorway, and it’s like a bug zapper got that brain cell.

Just yesterday I spent an hour frantically looking for the Nintendo DS I had just bought for my daughter the DAY BEFORE to wrap for Christmas. I felt like such an idiot when I found it in my dresser drawer already wrapped.