The Fox, the "new gangnam style" viral video by Ylvis

I’m surprised I can’t already see a thread on this one - the video The Fox has been doing the rounds on various social media sites for the last week and is up to over 11 million views already.

Worth a look!

Holy Christ, that was horrible!

I freakin’ love it.

That was horrible, I freakin’ love it.

66% approval rating, excellent :wink:

The “ding-ding-ding-dingading!” bit reminds me of the Crazy Frog novelty single from the mid 2000’s. I can’t decide if I love it because I have a toddler and appreciate its childlike simplicity, or because I was drunk when I first heard it :wink:

One of my kids sent the Fox video last week. Today it was Stonehenge.

It’s so silly, can’t help but smile. And turn it off 30 seconds in.

I’m having a hard time finding anything to like about that video and I’m usually all over stupid internet videos like white on rice.

I don’t think it’s as ‘catchy’ as Gangnam Style. Plus it’s not done by a pudgy South Korean in black Wayfarers. :slight_smile:

But it *does *have a rather attractive moody Scandinavian in a fox onesie! And guys in suits and masquerade masks doing the Bad Romance dance in a forest!

It’s pitch-perfect in its imitation of a video that takes itself way too seriously.

As someone mentioned in the comments there, it’s from a comedy show, so, they’re making fun of formulaic music and music videos with rather trite lyrics.

My brother showed this to me yesterday. I thought it was hilarious (and catchy.) I even managed to (somewhat luckily) guess that this was Norwegian. Something about the humor screamed Norwegian to me. Turns out, I was right.

Same comment I made after the first chorus.

I lasted 61 seconds. Keep in mind that I like to listen to feedback and recordings of street noise in addition to more traditional forms of music, and I still found this unlistenable. And not nearly as much fun to watch as Gangnam Style.

Their Stonehenge video is better. The Fox video doesn’t have enough Honda Civics.

I miss Rebecca Black.

“Then she plays with my balls” is just an awesome lyric.

I prefer The Fox to Stonehenge, but the touching love-story told in duet that is “Someone Like Me” wins, hands down.

Well, at least now I know how to communicate with a friendly horse…

Kind of reminds me of the B52’s Rock Lobster.
“There goes a narwhal!!”

This is my favorite response so far. (Comic is Gunnerkrigg Court)