The Great 2012 SDMB Summer Postcard Exchange!

We’re now at 18.

Lsura
Elendil’s Heir
Sunspace
gardentraveler
JoseB
silenus
ScareyFaerie
minionkat
Ivorytowerdenizen
FrancisCastle
Northern Piper
FloatyGimpy
Anaamika
raventhief
Labtrash
ShelliBean
Algher

And, the supply of world-wide Dopers is holding up nicely, although the usians are pulling ahead a bit.

And, still waiting for a postal address from meenie7.

oops - make that 17. and now that I did the math, usians/wwdopers are splitting roughly 2:1, which should still ensure that everyone will get at least one postcard from outremer.

Boo, I’m changing addresses in the middle of this, so no postcardy goodness from me. :frowning: Next time!

I am in for this~

thanks

OK. I’m in. With Caribbean goodness to share.

Yes, I’ll play, if you’re happy to allow winter postcards too.

Down with borealocentrism!:slight_smile:

I want to play too.

Marvellous! We’re now at 21. Thanks to all the new sign-ups!

Lsura
Elendil’s Heir
Sunspace
gardentraveler
JoseB
silenus
ScareyFaerie
minionkat
Ivorytowerdenizen
FrancisCastle
Northern Piper
FloatyGimpy
Anaamika
raventhief
Labtrash
ShelliBean
Algher
~Olive~
Iggy
Cunctator
anya marie

You’re going to send a post card with a thermometer showing a frigid -5 ° and Aussies huddled around a barbeque, trying to keep warm, aren’t you?

Me too! I’ve just sent off the PM today, 7/12 6:12pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time :cool:

Not today I won’t. We’re having a foretaste of spring with a very mild 23C.

And now we are 22.

Remember, anyone who’s reading and lurking, tomorrow’s the deadline to sign up for postcardy goodness!

Lsura
Elendil’s Heir
Sunspace
gardentraveler
JoseB
silenus
ScareyFaerie
minionkat
Ivorytowerdenizen
FrancisCastle
Northern Piper
FloatyGimpy
Anaamika
raventhief
Labtrash
ShelliBean
Algher
~Olive~
Iggy
Cunctator
anya marie
Atomic Mama

Okay, all the pm’s have gone out. There was one gitch - Atomic Mama, I got an error message, saying that you couldn’t receive pm’s, so I sent it to the e-mail address on your Profile page. Also, meenie7, I never got a postal address from you, so I’m afraid you’re not included in this round.

Remember, deadline for posting your cards to your lucky three correspondents is Monday, July 23.

Once you’ve mailed your post cards, please post a short notice here that you’ve done so, to enable me to keep track of anyone who is destined for the outer Pit.

Have fun, everyone!

Also, if you’re one of the lucky ones who drew Elendil’s Heir to send a card to, please wait until the last minute to do so - I remember from last year that he particularly enjoys the waiting process… :smiley:

I’ve sent my postcards.

I know there’s a time zone difference and all that, but man - that’s promptness! I"m sure Elendil’s Heir will approve!

Whee! Got my addresses! Time to monkey up a few postcards…

You mean you haven’t rushed out and posted them already, like Cunctator did? Slacker! :wink:

I bought and stamped the cards over the weekend in preparation. So all I had to do was address them and write a message on each one. I needed a bit of Monday afternoon fresh air anyway, so I just strolled across the road to the GPO and posted them.

You’re not living up to your user-name!

Thanks for organizing this, NP. My three cards are written and will be in the mailbox by the end of the day.

For American Dopers, remember that the postcard rate is now 32 cents.