The I Got Called Out During The Sermon MMP

“We owe this victory to the Public School System.” -Wellington.

Morning all,

Yesterday’s drive home from irk consisted of me mumbling to myself “I will not quit my job, I will not tell my boss what I think of her, I need the money.” Hoping today will be slightly better. It is Tuesday though, my usual day of suckage.

Salmon(ella), asparagrass, and something else on tap for din-din. Need inspiration on how to prepare the salmon(ella). Going to bake it, but what type of topping/glaze/crust?

Mrs. Plant (v.2.0) liked salmon, probably because it was expensive, and I don’t. I tried various ways to make it palatable. I had a dill sauce, lots of minced cucumber on it once, and someone on the SDMB recommended reducing orange juice in a pan. Those two were decent.

Up, caffeinated, off to work.

blurf

My @#$! employer sent text saying that we would open at 10:00 due to weather.
Now they text(ed)? that we are closed.
Boring!
:rolleyes:

In Mumperland it’s Goose, Goose, Duck!

Naaah – Its like Coors and Coors Lite ---- half the guilt and none of the calories. :slight_smile:

Actually several of the Protestant denominations have gone into whats called “full communion” with each other. We can call/hire their Pastors and they have a shot at ours. It also allows choices in worship other than just staying home Sundays in some areas. Down Swampy’s way, a lot of the ELCA churches are narrow-minded, bigoted, self-serving ------- lets just call them “more traditional”. So someone Lutheran and still with an active thinking brain could be more comfortable with the local Episcopalians or UCC. Your basic belief hasn’t changed so you can still be Lutheran - just “really really Lutheran”.

(You really aren’t considered Lutheran until you have “your church” and “your former church until their theology got all stupid”.)

We used to joke at Butler HOG that we were “that second major religion” everyone had. And a lot of it really was church-like from the toy drives to making people’s homes handicapped accessable.

Don’t worry; being gay or happy is nothing to be ashamed of. Its not like you’re having carnal thoughts of your same sex or anything. :wink:

Blurf. I believe that is the correct response for a Toosday afternoon.

Nuts, I would be very surprised if a rugby match was called off for anything less than a pitch under several feet of water. When I used to play, a pitch resembling a hippo’s favourite wallow was deemed ideal conditions!

Nothing exciting going on here. I ordered some new trainers off the intertoobz, they might arrive tomorrow via some courier service or other. Not that I’ll be at home to accept them, silly courier will have to read his instructions properly and do what I asked with them.

So that episode of *Top Gear *where they tore up the field as they played rugby with cars and a mammoth ball improved the field?

Those wildly overpaid American football players would be having fits over tire tracks, never mind ruts.

Doggio, to be honest I didn’t really relax until the third quarter of the game. The Seahawks have been in the same position as the Broncos were during the first half, and I’ve seen them come back from behind. I thought surely the Broncos would get their stuff together.

And, honestly; I’m glad it wasn’t such a nail biter. The Seahawks last several games were like that. It’s stressful as all get-out to watch when the game is such a nail biter. I was somewhat happy to see the 'hawks have such a wide lead. It’s been a loooooooooong 38 years waiting for this ring.

I’m here at work. I’m not feeling a hundred percent, but there is just too much to be done here. As it turns out, my boss isn’t here and may not be all day. Her baby is sick and was sent home from daycare yesterday. He can’t return without a doctor’s clearance and her appointment for the baby isn’t until 10:00. There’s a command VTC with our higher HQ at 11:00 and I now have to attend since she most likely won’t be here.

Morning all.

I met the son of a guy that I was stationed on two different ships with, one in the '80s and the other the carrier I was on when I retired. Unfortunately, I met his son when the boy tried to make the front of his car got past the back of mine at a stoplight coming home from work yesterday afternoon. No real damage - bent license plate and a cracked license plate holder that my stepdaughter got me for Christmas, the air bag didn’t even go off - so we’re cool on the not needing to report to insurance companies.

Such a small world, and yet I still wouldn’t want to paint it.

How do Mumpers

I have been without intertoobz for a few days and am now catching up

Read read read

Back in a bit

Hi all

Jim

A belated Well-Done-Swampy! We know you didn’t do it for the credit, and that’s just part of what makes it cool. :cool:

Is it only Tuesday? I feel like it should be at least Thursday, with the week I’m having. Snow, too much work, more snow, coworkers not coming in, more snow tonight, and a charming fever blister on my face that’s roughly the size of my nostril. I look awesome.

Here’s praying for a snow day tomorrow.

Given the state of some of the pitches I’ve played on, I think they used it for practice! One of the clubs I played for had a pitch that must have had a very gentle slope to it as one end was regularly waterlogged while the other end was bone dry. Those were fun times.

Many years ago on a rugby tour, we were invited to play a college football team (since we largely play the same game with a different name and we don’t have all that unnecessary padding)…they were quite cocky about their chances of winning against a team of girls, the tallest of whom was about 5’6". They got a thorough drubbing and admitted afterwards that they were scared witless after the first 10mins. I’m surprised it took that long.

Complicated Friend used to put pico de gallo (heavy on the lime and super-heavy on the cilantro) on top of the salmon, wrap it all in foil, and bake it that way. So yummy. I think he also squeezed an extra half-lime on each piece.

That’s only if you can appreciate the joys of cilantro and don’t think it tastes like soap. I think it’s wonderful. Aaaaaaand now I want pico. Dammit.

Would it surprise anyone to admit I was a hooker? Never made any money at it though. Go figure. :smack:

Many moons ago, the club I belonged to was coached by a guy from the Irish national team (Geoff Aries <sic?> – sumptin like that) Clevelands team was coached by someone from Wales. Somehow over drinks they came up with the idea of “us” doing a demo match before the Pittsburgh Steelers/Cleveland football game.

In Three Rivers Stadium.

On astroturf. They had never heard of astroturf – and besides which they were coaches and not playing.

Much blood was spilled and odds and ends broken ---- but a great time was had by all. I still have the scars and occasional blackouts to prove it.

Lucky what Spaz said re salmonellas. Or some fresh squoze citrus juice and wrapped in foil. Maybe a little salt 'n pepper. Serve with dill sauce. Good!

Poke chops at da cave tonight. Grilled. There shall also be wild rice and some sort of vegetative matter, possibly green beans, cause, well, green beans are good and easy to fix. I want easy to fix food this week.

Irk is irksome. Whineage abounds. Today, I am not even slightly amused let alone gay. :smiley:

You know what else is TMI

I am flippin 56 years old, am still going through menopause and I am on blood thinners, Plavix and a full aspirin a day.
Talk about TMI

I should have been done with this years ago.