The Icelandic Phallological Museum

Link.

Yes. It probably is.

Well, better late than never.

This is the academic opportunity all closet phallologists, such as myself, have been waiting for all these years.

Excellent news. However:

Gift tokens eh? Just in time for Christmas.

But seriously, a generous benefactor has given the museum a gift token. Is the token for his own penis (to be detached following death, or when no longer required, whichever is the sooner) ) or is the token to be given to a luckless museum customer who must surrender his penis on demand (whether he still needs it or not)?

Please move to General Questions if appropriate.

• Not to be confused with Philology, which includes, but is not limited to, an affinity for the word “Penis.”

What is that guy that’s leaning over doing?

Well now. Most interesting.

I didn’t feel the need to visit this museum when I was in Iceland last year. One bloke in the tour group did though. He said it was rather boring.

There’s an interesting inconsistency in the descriptions on the museum’s website. The English version says:

The French version has a slightly different take:

Well.

Now we know what the Icelanders do, on those long, dark, cold Winter nights.

They runing around slicing the ding-a-lings off anything they can catch.

No wonder it ain’t a popular tourist spot.

“Artistic oddments” – Well, ok. Some of those sculptures were pretty funny, but “practical utensils”??? GAH!

Perhaps the English have been studying phalluses for a very long time, while the French interested themselves in other subjects until 25 years ago.

It’s all about you, isn’t it…hmmph!

I was rather disappointed when I visited that website, to click on the link labelled “Honorary Members” only to find it was just a list of names of people.

hm, remember seeing a sign for this place when i was in Reykjavik, oh, some ten years ago? Always wondered about that sign…

My favorite part is the forward and back buttons to navigate through the image gallery. Creative, no?

May I presume that in the likely event one’s office is not liberally festooned with veiny dongs the website in question is unsafe for workaday visitation?

I think i’ve just worked out why whales are in danger. It’s not harpooning - it’s gentlemen whales! Ouch that thing looks sharp. I bet the lady whales swim away very fast when they see that coming at them. :eek: