The Idiot formerly known as Prince

I dunno…Bono hasn’t been all that hot for years.

I don’t care what he calls himself. What bothers me is that everyone in the media played along. At least one of them should have laughed.

Well, while we’re speaking of ridiculous psuedonyms…The Edge ain’t all that hot either. I hope he changes it to something less ghastly before he gets sent to a nursing home. Nothing like “The Edge” drooling all over himself.

Squiggle… hehehe. I like that. Thats what I’m calling him from now on.

I used to call him “The artist presently known as the artist formerly known as Prince”.

Maybe now I’ll call him “the artist formerly known as Squiggle”.

I respect the guy’s funk abilities and all but he’s definitely a space cadet - lol.

Attrayant, are you trying to piss off Esprix?

[aside] Actually, “The Edge” is what “the boys” would call him back in their school days, and it just stuck. We can at least give him credit for not coming up with it himself :D. [/aside]

Lame rant. I’m still pissed for him not including ‘DMSR’ on the cd of ‘1999’. Little fuckwad. But he fucking rocks the pants off of everyone else. I mean everyone. A little James Brown, a little Jimi, some NoFace, some speed metal. What a riot. Prince rules, and those that can’t funk to him can piss right off. Don’t like him?–leave the party now and take your stale air with you.

Personally, I would do The Edge in a second, just to scream out “The Edge” during sex. I mean, the man has an article in his first name. . .

Can I mis-quote you on that? :smiley:

Crist on a pogo stick! This is what you call an old thread. And a long dead one at that.

Didn’t you folks see the date on the op?

Mods - if you get a moment please close this thread and let it rest in peace.

I bet Weird Al could kick Coolio’s ass.

Weird Al can kick his own ass - have you seen how flexible that guy is? Freaky.

howbout:

The Squiggle Formerly Known as an Artist?

People get upset about his name because it is pretentious but mostly because it’s irritating, like a bug flying in your eye kind of irritating.

As a song writer, he’s not bad. Though he should leave the lyrics, song titles and his own name up to other, more sensible people.

Personally, I thought his egotism was a little silly, and I thought it was very amusing that when he tried to defy naming conventions, it backfired. Instead of being referred to as that little dingbat symbol, he was called AFKAP, where AFKAP stands for, “Fuck you, Prince.”

Actually, the thing that bothers me about prince is that his sense of style has tanked. He used to be a hell of a poppinjay, and I admired that about him. Last time I saw him on television, he was wearing pajamas or something.

You got it, dear heart. Why this was resurrected I have no clue, which is probably what I have in common with the person that dredged it back up.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator