The imPEACHment Pit Thread

Haha, he was a coffee boy, at best. A million-dollar-donating coffee boy.

Good one. :smiley:

This is so striking, because it’s so deeply held. Kavanaugh can’t be a rapist, he denied it. Trump isn’t a pussygrabber, he…oh. Wait. Well, um, not * her.

• If a white dude does not proclaim, “I hereby confirm and proclaim that it was my intent and ambition to commit: murder, arson, rape, etc., etc…, and that I did in fact commit murder, arson, rape, (fill in the blanks)”, plus there are pictures, video from all angles with excellent lighting, DNA matches, fingerprints, etc., then you cannot convict the guy.

Has anyone else seen the pathetic sharpie note that Trump just read from? Huge letters in black sharpie, filling the page:

"“I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zellinsky to do the right thing. This is the final word from the Pres. of the U.S.”

“If the glove don’t fit, you must acquit” is much catchier. It has a nice beat, you can dance to it.

God, I fucking hope so.

No, I didn’t go to Gym Jordan’s Ohio State. Also I’m both lactose and Devin Nunes intolerant.
Moo.

This time next week, Trump’s approval rating at fivethirtyeight will be right where it is today. We are seeing egregious abuse of power and his supporters straight up don’t care.

Their lips say they don’t care. But their eyes say, “YES!”.

Yeah, maybe don’t care isn’t the right description, they don’t disapprove which is more alarming.

Sad but true.

These are people who think of politics as a team sport. And if your team bribes the ref, or puts noxious substances in the other teams gatorade, or pays someone to kneecap the other quarterback in a parking lot… Well that’s just fine, as long as your team wins.

Ha ha ha ha! I believe you have nailed it:

I think that their race is their politics and all is fair as long as “they” win.

Their strategy this week seems to be a collective “The hearings are reallly boring. The public is realllly bored of the hearings. Why are they wasting their time with this. It’s soooo boring.”
Or in other words “nothing to see here! move along! move along!”

I would say that today, so far, has plenty of “pizazz.”

As I said in the Elections thread:

I thought your post was a joke when I first read it. I assumed you were riffing off of the NOAA hurricane forecasting shenanigans a few months back, but holy shit, it’s for real.

Either all of this is funny or none of this is funny anymore. But none of it is a “joke”.

You can set a watch by his lies.

I’m not very well versed in what’s going on but if I understand events correctly, Trump’s pretty well fucked, right? I mean, even if the Senate doesn’t impeach him (which, thanks to #MoscowMitch, it almost certainly won’t) he’s going to prison once he leaves office, right?