“The Last of Us” casts for Season 2’s antagonist

Trying to keep from spoiling anything for people who are unfamiliar with the events of the second game.

HBO has officially announced the antagonist for season 2 of the series. It seems that Kaitlyn Devers, who was recently in the acclaimed miniseries Dopesick will step into the role of Abby, who was a polarizing figure in the game because

Summary

she harbors a serious grudge against Joel because, when he was rescuing Ellie in the season 1 finale, shot and killed her father. As such, she hints down and kills Joel, leading Ellie to go looking for her for her own revenge.

Devers is a very good actress. Not just on Dopesick, but in just about everything she’s done. She may have to bulk up a bit, but she certainly has the ability to pull off the role.

Interestingly enough, she was considered for the role of Ellie, which went to Bella Ramsey.

So is season 2 it for the show? Two games and two seasons?

I don’t think they’ve decided that yet. There are rumors that the second game will encompass two seasons, but I don’t know what they plan to do. I know that Neil Druckman said before the writers’ strike that they had written the first episode, but to my knowledge, that’s as far as they’ve gone.

I like Devers (Last Man Standing, Justified) and think she’d be great in the role, but I like Ramsey as well and wish she’d continue. She’s got more of the Elliot Page vibe the creators were going for in the game.

Since 2 people have said it now, to nip it in the bud it’s Dever not Devers

Ellie is being recast?

No, Bella Ramsey will stay cast as Ellie. Dever is being added for the role of Abby.

To quote Roseanne Rosanna Danna: Oh! That’s completely different. Never mind. :wink: