The movie "Dogma"/Foretelling future Continued

I feel the same way about the temptations of those members of a faith. I assume that’s their drive behind recruiting new members. If everybody believes in the same things you do, there won’t be anyone to tempt you to do things you don’t believe in. I believe in trying a little bit of everything within reason. Of course that reasoning is my own based on what I have learned in my life to this point. I would be willing to try Bald Eagle Fricasse, but not piercing my nose. That’s just me. No sheep am I.

As long as my bottle opener is Y2K compliant, I’ll be okay.

Pldennison said:

While I hope you are correct, I do think there was at least one that caved (I know there were some that held fast as well). It may not have been as blatant as I said – it may have been that they complained before the exhibit was posted, and that the exhibit was toned down then (rather than being posted and then taken down). Too many memories, too few neurons. :slight_smile:

Wasn’t the last exhibit:the most evolved any human could be: Cecil?

The poster beneath me is really smart!

Why, orangecakes, I think you’re right on both counts. :wink:

“Damn, it’d be like two days at Disneyland without the kids!” - Comment by a male friend the first time he saw a picture of me and my breasts.

Just out of curiousity, do you have any pictures of yourself without your breasts?

Rich

So…

Should I see the movie or not?

One of the things that turned me off Christians was their attitude that everyone with different beliefs is going to Hell. According to the Southern Baptist churches that my grandparents and other relatives dragged me to, that included the Catholics. So it’s likely this movie won’t tell me anything I haven’t heard before.

OTOH, it has George Carlin and Janeane Garofolo and I really like them. That’s one of my two criteria: Who’s in it? The other is: What’s it about?

DOGMA meets one criterion, fails the other.

I’ll wait 'till it’s on cable.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

ThePolecat wrote:

Unless bald eagle becomes a popular dish. Then farmers will start running bald eagle ranches, and the population will go through the roof!

Quick-N-Dirty Aviation: Trading altitude for airspeed since 1992.

Here you go people. An atists rendition of the Lord and his take on Dogma. Actually it’s a comic from the Village Voice that I found on the newsaskwew.com site.
http://www.newsaskew.com/vvoice.jpg

I think it reflects my views pretty well.

As long as my bottle opener is Y2K compliant, I’ll be okay.