The movie splicing game

I wish I had an editor. I’d love to splice together some movies that happen to have scenes in similar locations, or peculiar overlaps…

The Muppets Strikes Back
Luke Skywalker: I can’t keep the vision out of my head! They’re my friends, I have to help them.
Kermit the Frog: With that tongue? No way.
Luke: Do they die?
Kermit: Read my lips: all-ee-gay-tors.
2001: A Spaced-Out Odyssey
Cheech Marin: It’s Dave, man! Let me in!
HAL 9000: I’m sorry, Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that.
I’m still trying to think of a way to splice King Arthur talking up to Saruman on the balcony of Orthanc…

I recall reading a thread about crossing over Star Wars with The Princess Bride, but I can’t find it.

Whoops, spoke to soon. Linky.

There used to be an hilarious feature in Mad that spilced different commericals together. I always loved that feature. I wish I could think of some examples off the top of my head.

The Phantom Dresser:

Qui-Gon Jinn is the director and lead of a touring theatre troupe. During the Clone Wars, he cracks under the combined stress of trying to work as proton torpedoes ravage the cities and box office and Dark Force attacks which leave him unhinged.

His personal assistant, Anakin, goes to spectacular lengths to keep him focused and get him through a performance of The Tragedy of Darth Plagus, and against all odds, the performance is easily the best of his career.

Qui-Gon, exhausted, lies down in his dressing-room after the play, where, satisfied, he finally succumbs to the Dark Force attacks and expires.

Anakin covers the body with Qui-Gon’s Jedi cloak, and then breaks down, feebly beating the body while snivelling, “But what about me? What about me? WHAT ABOUT MEEEE?