The Muppets do Bohemian Rhapsody

For about a year now, Muppet Studios (a Disney company) has been putting up clever videos on YouTube featuring the Muppets doing what they normally do- singing and being goofy. Their latest video, the first to feature a licensed song, was introduced today, and it’s probably their best so far, as practically the entire gang gives their own unique spin on the Queen classic Bohemian Rhapsody. I think Animal’s solo truly steals the show.

This isn’t the first time the Muppets have taken on this song: in 2005, the Frank Sinatraesque Johnny Fiama did his own version for the Jerry Lewis telethon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqbcLuo6zw

Muppet Studios promises more Muppet music videos in the future, including American Woman, Stand By Me, Popcorn, and Dust in the Wind.

“…Dada?”

I think that’s the first 1080p video I’ve seen on Youtube. Great, great quality. Plus of course the Muppets are awesome as always.

That was truly a thing of beauty. And, man, I haven’t seen Bo in years.

The post-song clip was the best of the ones they’ve done, too.

These videos are really doing right by the Muppets.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That was awesome. I loved Beeker’s part.

Wow, that is pretty geniusy. These little clips have really been fun.

I think the Muppets have found their medium.

That was at least five different kinds of awesome. Maybe six… I lost count there.

I believe this gentleman may be able to help with that: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=the+count+sesame+street&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=o2oMS4KoJdGzlAfNnP2ZBA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQqwQwAA#q=the+count+sesame+street&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=o2oMS4KoJdGzlAfNnP2ZBA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQqwQwAA&qvid=the+count+sesame+street&vid=-4920090701251734115

Muppet creativity bankrolled by Disney – tough combination to beat.

Good to see the “Mah-Na Mah-Na” dude hasn’t lost his touch, too.

I lost it at the part when all the Muppets join in… was thinking that the whole thing was going to end up being Animal’s “Mama?” until that point. And Kermit at the end was the cherry on top. By the time Miss Piggy wrapped things up, I was getting worried that the lovable green lug was going to be a no-show.

“No! We do not like your jokes!”

That. Was. Awesome.

I really need to rewatch through the Muppet Show again.

Ah, right, six. I knew I was missing something.

I was going to say awesome but it’s been said a few times now … oh well, that was awesome!
I got hit with this link simultaneously in two browser tabs, I figured I had better watch it. Glad I did, a bright note in an already crappy day.

Animal’s ‘Mama?’ is clearly the best part, though. It’s a wonderfully soulful interpretation of the song, showing you this is no mere cover.
The bit where he drops his shoulders all dejected is genius.

They could have sub-titled this “It Ain’t Easy Being Queen.”

Bismillah!

I guess I’m the only one who didn’t really care for it.

I like the song. I like the Muppets. I love that they are making new content and putting it on the Web. I’m just not jizzing all over myself seeing them sing a song (and having heard the song so many times, it seems wrong that they messed with the lyrics - a little disrespectful. Though… I don’t normally consider Queen songs Holy Writ, and they’re puppets, for goodness sake.) I’m not entirely sure why - it just entertains me on a “barely smirking” level.

Anybody else just go “meh”?

How about Miss Piggy being true to her character at the end?

“Nothing really matters. Nothing really matters…but moi.

I think that they changed that so as to eliminate the “I just killed a man” lyric. I was kind of disappointed that Gonzo couldn’t achieve the high notes that Freddie Mercury hits.

Okay, looks like we have a Statler, now who’s going to be Waldorf?