The Name of the Place

hey Ex, long stream of consciousness is SOOOOO last year, doncha know? Actually, it’s cos it’s super damn hot right now, and I know I could open the window, but that would mean getting up from this chair, which isn’t really all that comfy, but y’know, it’s late, and I’m a lazy whatsit, so I’d rather slowly par-broil here in the hot room (while wifey is out watching Desparate Housewives- which always sounds like a cheap romance novel to me, but then I’ve only ever seen about 30seconds of it in between working and well… more working).

What was that?

um… yes, Stream of Consciousness. Yes. Maybe. What?
It’s quite an exacting science, doncha know?

Welby. Him go out now… me not know where Welby went. Actually… maybe we should post a list of missing MMPers, and put together a posse (not one of those hippity-hop ‘posses’, I mean like a wildwest cowpoke posse (wouldn’t that be a good username? cowpoke?) and go out riding the perimeter fence out on the edges of the webbernet[sup]tm[/sup] looking for li’l lost Welby. Has anyone got any horses? Cos you need horses for posses.

it’s um… I don’t know… I think I’ll turn the aircon on shortly.

and maybe sleep. Yes, sleep good, sleep soft and lovely!
Hmmmm… can I have pudding before bed?

Oh, before I sleep, we invented a new drink at work today (we do e-learning, and the drink was invented on a dare). Y’see, I had a can of Milo and a can of Coke on m’desk, and MsInstructionalDesigner (who isn’t a doper, so shouldn’t really be bolded, but if I can get her on board, I’ll tell her to use that username, and then it’ll all make sense and you guys will know who I’m alking about), well, she said, ‘ewwww! Don’t you drink that Milo and Coke at the same time! That’s just yucks!’ (which is Sinaporean for ‘yucky’). So, with that advisory notice to not do it, I just had to do it! And lo, it tastes AMAZING!!! I had to come home and try it! So, everyone, go and get a can of iced Milo, and a can of Coke and mix to a 60:50 ratio and then imbibe.

Oh, and if you don’t like it, it wasn’t my suggestion, it was some guy posting on the internet! And, well, how could you beleive anything on the internet? Well, anything other than Snopes.com, cos that’s all true. Really.

I sleep now

and sweat.

I sleep and sweat.

There’s a New Berlin (Burr-lin) in Wisconsin, as well.

For city names that you shouldn’t need to be reusing (well, close enough here) - why in the hell is there a Sheboygan, WI and a Cheboygan, MI?

HEY! (Sorry, expatriate cheesehead here… though I’ll admit I never knew there was a Binghamton in Wisconsin.)

There’s a Toronto in Ohio, too. It’s true. I read it in the Toronto Star, the newspaper that inspired the Daily Planet. But I don’t live in Metropolis. I live in a metropolis, just not a Metropolis, or even the Metropolis.

Except for all the snow and places like Buffalo I think they are. Well, Etlanner is not exactly the same as Noo Yawk City but I think it’s gettin’ close to being that way. At least traffic wise, Etlanner, being the worst place for traffic ever is worse than Noo Yawk City. Heck, I drove around Chicago easier than I can around Etlanner. Stoopid Etlanner!

There is no Paris in Jawja. I just thought y’all should know that.

Rumour sprendin’ 'round in that Texas town
‘bout that shack outside La Grange
and you know what I’m talkin’ about.
Just let me know if you wanna go
to that home out on the range

Interestingly enough, there is a chicken ranch just outside of my hometown. However, it’s full of chickens waiting to go off to the chicken death house known as the poultry processing plant and be made into nuggets. Yep, there is a chicken nugget death house/processing plant near my hometown. There’s also a Wal*Mart distribution center. Chicken nuggets can be bought at WallyWorld. I’m sensing a connection here.

Hmmmph. Looks like there are 12 Ottawa’s down south of the border. Damn capital-city-name stealing Yanks!

There’s a LaGrange in Illinois.

Sorry, we’ve got one in Illinois, too. If it makes you feel any better, ours had an earthquake last year, surely an evil portent.

http://wordways.com/commonp.htm

I guess it would be a fair view to say that, midway on one’s life path, there are at least five points in favor of the US being a very pleasant place.

Damn - does that mean I have to go return my big ole gold necklace? It’s full of bling!

Oh, and there is a Leesburg just down the road from me. I grew up in Chester, NJ - and I know there is at least a Chester, PA - I’m sure there are many more. Chester, NJ is full of antique & craft-y type stores - just the kind of place you want to be when you are a teenager, let me tell you. Chester was famous for Larison’s Turkey Farm - and yes, they serve a very nice turkey dinner.
Susan
Yo

Having seen and been in the Death Valley area, I can confirm. Yes, it’s pretty close. When it’s 125 degrees, you pretty much wish you were dead anyway.

*** How how how how***

I don’t know if living in a place with an original name is always such a good thing. You could live inBoring OR or Drain OR or even Concrete WA (there might be other Concretes, I didn’t find any but…)
I’d be curious to know if there are any other Seattles tucked away… Maybe its because all the other names were used up by the time people got here, to the end of the earth.

There’s a Nottawa somewhere in Ontario, Bookkeeper. I think that’s really funny. It’s not Ottawa, it’s… Nottawa!

Sunspace, their Toronto can’t be anywhere near as good as our Toronto.

Did everyone see the bad poetry in the last MMP? If not, then I’ll re-post. It’s a thing of beauty.

What is Milo?

I made cornbread yesterday, in defiance of the non-cornbread-loving members of the family. I’m eating it with strawberry jam right now. I also bought a fascinatingly horrible green beverage at an Asian grocery store yesterday. It’s ‘green crush’ flavoured. I never want to eat a ‘green crush’.

There’s a Stephentown near here that’s supposed to be the only Stephentown in the world. Don’t know if/how they confirmed that, but that’s what a sign says when you enter the town.

I’ve been to Amsterdam, but I sure hope the one in Europe is a lot more exciting than the one I’ve been to. Oh, and I’ve been to Copenhagen too. It’s really just a dot on the map, but some family friends live there so that’s why I went there. There’s a Florida, NY, but I’ve never been there. It’s near Amsterdam in case anyone wants to go. And there’s Bethlehem, but I don’t think Jesus was born there. Hmm… that’s all I can think of right now.

I’m back! Didja all miss me? The trip to San Diego edjamacated me in WISDOM. Don’t you love acronyms? I even received a certificate and everything!

Dinner with scout was very nice and she’s a very nice lady too! We talked about all of you. I missed my weekly fortune cookie, Swampy’s trademark
<snerk>, and everybody’s wild tangents from the MMP. Although San Diego, is uh…lovely, I prefer it up here in the Evergreen state.

Lessee, I’m not sure, but I don’t think there are any other cities or towns called Puyallup, which is where I live. I do know there is another Tacoma somewhere on the east coast or thereabouts, but I do believe it’s spelled differently. Also, I lived in Springfield, OR with my mom and grandparents while my dad was in Vietnam. There are lots of Springfields.

Welcome back dangergene!

Well, I better do some work now. One week gone, two weeks catching up…you all know the deal.

Thanks for checking in, Taters. Now everyone knows for sure that I am not an axe murderer.

:stuck_out_tongue:

OK, I was just doing a search for work and found out that there’s an Albany, Oregon, and an Albany, Missouri. I knew about Albany, Georgia, but not the other two. Sheesh.

Hey, I used to work in Gladstone/Pottersville. I’ve spent a lot of time in Chester; much of it at the Chester Diner, both before and after they renovated it. I’ve even had dinner at Larson’s, but my posse generally prefers Lamplighter’s.

When I was in grade school, we lived in Lucerne and Nice, California. I tried to look them up, but the site was down. Then we moved to Ukiah, which I feel pretty confident is the only one around. It’s not such a great place anyone needs two of them.

No, now all we know for sure is that you’re smart enough to get the log-in information before you make with the axe. :stuck_out_tongue: