The Natsarim

Okay, so yeah, I felt the need to “witness”. I’m also wanting to know how much the Natsarim have grown and if there are any present on this forum.

For those that don’t know what the Natsarim are, here is an extremely shortened version of our beliefs:

We don’t consider it a religion at all. If you put Christianity and Judaism together, remove the Christian holidays, remove the Talmud, add in the restored names and text in Scripture (most importantly the true name of the Creator/Messiah), remove the belief in the trinity and only follow what the Scriptures actually say, then you get the Natsarim belief.

It isn’t that difficult to follow either, very easy. It’s mostly a list of things not to do and very little that you actually need to do. I’d say the only real complicated part is figuring out when the seven appointed times are, but you can use the Jewish calendar to find out, so even that isn’t difficult. However, it’s really hard to get a job as a Natsarim because you do need to rest on the Sabbath and on the annual appointed times. Of course, if it’s a matter of life and death and providing for one’s family…you gotta’ do whatcha’ gotta’ do.

The Natsarim are seekers of truth, that is all we believe in…truth; nothing more nothing less. The word Natsarim means watchman and we follow the one that came from Natsarith (which means watchtower), He is the Messiah.

I’m more than willing to teach those who are interested in truth, and there’s a lot more to the belief than this, trust me.

So yeah, I’m killing two birds with one stone in this post so to speak: spreading the word about the Natsarim and seeing if any are on here.

What’s up, SDMB?! Been a long time since I’ve posted here…

I don’t believe in any religion that doesn’t have its own wikipedia entry.

I have always yearned for the day that the TRUE name of the Creator/Messiah (Slartibartfast/Beeblebrox) would finally be reinstated.

I highly doubt that wikipedia has enough information to even determine what a Natsarim is. It’s a rapidly growing belief, but it’s been around for thousands of years. Only two thousand years ago did it acquire the term Natsarim.

I do not take your sarcasm lightly, the Creator has a name…but I feel you are far from worthy of even reading it.

I made this thread to be serious, if I was a lesser man I would be insulted by such responses. I will, however, look past this.

Who first coined the name ‘Natsarim,’ and what was their general biography? I have sincerely never heard of this phenomenon. And can you tell me about some famous Natsarims?

In what language?

Wait, first you said “If you put Christianity and Judaism together, remove the Christian holidays, remove the Talmud, add in the restored names and text in Scripture (most importantly the true name of the Creator/Messiah), remove the belief in the trinity and only follow what the Scriptures actually say, then you get the Natsarim belief.”

And then later;

Wait, if it’s a combination of Christianity and Judaism it can’t be a whole lot more than 2000 years old, right?

It seems like some flavor of Messianic Judaism that thinks of itself as the “true Jews”

Also, “Notsrim” is Hebrew for “Christians.”

This appears to be the sect’s website, created by a Lew White.

They apparently claim to be based on the Nazarene sect of Jewish Christians and reject various Pauline and “pagan” (Greek) elements.

Or at least that’s what I got looking around Google.

Quite nice of you. But you can’t be serious whatsoever, as you claim.

You say put Judaism together with Christianity, remove some things we don’t like, add the “truisms” (things us Natsarims believe to be true), seek real truth, etc… Here’s a website dedicated to Natsarim that is even less impressive than answersingenesis.

Here’s a helpful quote about the Natsarim mission: “We were given the commission to teach all nations to obey all that we were commanded to obey. We occupy our post, protecting that we were commissioned to cherish. The thing we guard is not only discarded as rubbish by most, but it is the reason we are so despised.” Yep, very clear and simple.

Another good quote on Natsarim: "We are a sect named for the original followers of Yahusha of Natsarith (see Act 24:5). Over the many centuries, we are those He has chosen, and written His Torah upon our hearts. (Yahusha is the real Name of Israel’s Mashiach, undefiled by Greek). We are guardians, since “Natsarim” literally translates as watchmen, guardians, protectors; it also means “branches”, as in off-spring or descendants. " – I should mention that this quote is from the “Truth About Us” section.

There are over 23,000 sects of “established” religions around the world. Now we can make that over 23,001.

Oh, wait, you also said you “don’t consider it a religion at all.” Of course not. I mean, it’s based on a bible where you demand that we follow what the scriptures “actually say.” You are aware that there’s thousands upon thousands of arguments on what the scriptures really say already, right?

You also claim that, “It isn’t that difficult to follow either, very easy. It’s mostly a list of things not to do and very little that you actually need to do.” You say this AFTER you give us “an extremely shortened version of our beliefs…” If this doesn’t sound like any religion to anyone, welcome to our planet.

Yahusha, Bashua. If Snuffleupagus was your “true Creator’s” name, I might take this discussion more seriously. 'Till then, nah.

I love it when someone shows up here, shouts, “This is not a religion,” and then spouts religious rhetoric. If it’s not a religion, then, pray (heh heh) tell, what, exactly is it when it has all the hallmarks of, yes, you guessed it, a religion?

You must’ve taken that lame-o quiz on their site.

By the way, OP, which part of your non-religion’s scripture says you get to decide who is and is not worthy to know the name of the Creator? Sounds a bit presumptive of you.

The big Chief of The Natarism is obviously named The Natar.

Hell, even the Amish have a wiki page.

In the beginning was Stan, and then he hooked up with Mira…

Oooh, like Wicca?

From this website we get

Do you hold all your services in Nadsat?

Yeah, that is pretty much how you would pronounce “Joshua” in Aramaic.
This does sound like another “Jews for Jesus” group, despite the fact that Yeshua ben Yusef did not fulfill any of the predictions for Messiahhood, and it was many years after his ministry that anyone noticed he met any of the 14 Accepted Signs of Divinity.

Not that any of that matters to an established belief system.

Pretty much, yeah.