The New Fall Season Announced This Week - NBC

It begins.

As I mentioned in another thread, the major TV networks are announcing their schedules for fall this week. First up?

NBC:

Monday:

8:00 - 9:00 Fathom (new show)
9:00 - 10:00 Las Vegas
10:00 - 11:00 Medium

Teusday:

8:00 - 9:00 The Biggest Loser
9:00 - 9:30 My Name is Earl (new show)
9:30 - 10:00 The Office
10:00 - 11:00 Law & Order: SVU

Wednesday:

8:00 - 9:00 The Apprentice: Martha Stewart
9:00 - 10:00 E-Ring (new show)
10:00 - 11:00 Law & Order

Thursday:

8:00 - 8:30 Joey
8:30 - 9:00 Will & Grace
9:00 - 10:00 The Apprentice
10:00 - 11:00 ER

Friday:

8:00 - 9:00 Three Wishes (new show)
9:00 - 10:00 Dateline NBC
10 - 11:00 Inconcievable (new show)

Saturday:

NBC Saturday Night Movie

Sunday:

7:00 - 8:00 Dateline NBC
8:00 - 9:00 The West Wing
9:00 - 10:00 Law & Order: CI
10:00 - 11:00 Crossing Jordan

More can be found here, along with descriptions of new shows:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20050516nbc01

Note:

Comments:

What’s this “some point” nonsense? “Scrubs” deserves better than that.

I think it’s pretty clear that I won’t be watching NBC next year. While I am moderately interested in “Fathon” and “Inconcievable”, I can’t say I’m jazzed about them. And does anybody need two versions of “The Apprentice”.

Boo hiss for the long expected demise of American Dreams.

No “Scrubs” pisses me off. I guess NBC is only going to get my viewing from 9-10 on Mondays, and even then just for the panda. No big loss.

Ditto and amen. I knew it wouldn’t be renewed, but I did enjoy that show.

I’ll check out Fathom, and will probably be watching both Apprentices.

No Scrubs? Boo.

And West Wing, which I just became reinterested in, is up against the Simpsons? Man, which over-the-hill, should have been cancelled long ago, shadow of its former self do I choose? It’s like Sophie’s Choice, if Sophie had to choose between her two senile drooling grandparents who she only mildly liked.

But hey, the Office is back. I thought that was a goner for sure.

Scrubs is signed through next season, so I know they WILL in fact bring it back. Weird that the Office gets a spot, but not Scrubs.

Oh, well. Something to look forward to, I suppose. It should be out in syndication next fall, anyway. And the first season DVD comes out tomorrow. I’ll be content.

Does NBC get Sunday Night Football THIS season or next season? If this season, what do they do with West Wing?

(I am REALLY waiting for Fox’s schedule!)

Joey gets a spot but not Scrubs!? Man, NBC is looking to taste my squirrely wrath.

The new football TV contract goes into effect in the 2006 season.

I just realized that I don’t watch a single show on NBC. I might give one of the new dramas a trial run, though.

It makes me very sad. My three favorite shows are Scrubs, Joan of Arcadia, and Arrested Development and they all appear to be at risk. I would be a very sad boy if they killed Scrubs.

I’m happy to see The Office will be back, and I’ll be around whenever they reschedule Scrubs. I don’t watch anything else on NBC, though.

Scrubs isn’t at risk, they are apparently just planning a late season premire. Possible waiting to see how the new shows here and on other networks flash out. Having it up against House probably hurt ratings a bit and they want to wait and see what happens there.

Looking at the schedule it seems like it’s 85% sure it’ll be filling in when the Earl show flops at it’s original time slot.

The thing that baffles me the most if why the fuck they decided to move The West Wing to Sunday night! My Tivo can’t keep up with everyone trying to compete for Sunday night viewers. Damnit, put it up against some reality TV dreck and be done with it.

Arrested Development has at least implied renewal already, Jason Bateman said something about it in an interview recently. He originally implied that they had been renewed for two seasons, but someone clarified that we only have one more for sure at the moment. I’ll dig up the links when I get a few minutes later.

And word to the boos regarding American Dreams. That was a good to great show, and it deserved another season, if only not to wrap up the way it did (i.e. horribly).

Well those are two pieces of good news (thanks Slacker and Omniscient). The more and more I think about it the more I realise I should change my career path and look for a job in network TV programming. I’d do a much better job.

Scrubs will fill in for whatever new show fails outright. Maybe they are planning shorter seasons for the Office like the BBC series so Scrubs will take over that slot when the Office is done.

Scrubs is the only show I watch with any regularity. Bring it back. Bring it back now!

Fathom has Lake Bell, and is science-fiction, so might give it a shot. Tha and Scrubs looks like the only NBC shows I’m interested in.

Brian

Fathom looks awesome, which means it will last 4 episodes, set up a cliffhanger and then be banished without resolution.

No L&O: Trial by Jury? :frowning: Damn, it’s better than Criminal Intent.

Looks like I’ll be watching The Office, SVU (IMO, the only L&O that’s still good…and even then, not as good as it was (and not nearly as good as the orignal was in the glroy days, but still,)) Crossing Jordon (what can i say, I like Jerry O’Connel and the guy who plays Nigel), and ER…though I will give up on that by about the third episode I reckon.
I don’t know about Fathom. A show about new sea-life? mermaids, perhaps? Something akin to The Abyss?