The new Kung-Fu series. (Spoilers)

Anyone else give this a try? I watched the first episode and it was a bland cheesy soap opera, like most things on the CW. Also, there are magic swords, all of which must be caught. First impression is that it is crap.

Second episode down, and this show is not very good.

I mean, it’s fine. But it’s a bit simplistic and unlikely. It feels very old-school. Shows like this thrived in the 70s and 80s, but standards are higher now, and this just doesn’t cut it.

Just three years of training, and she is able to fend off ninjas and hold her own for a while with the baddy? Her teachers and all the other followers that trained for two to five times longer should have been able to mop up that invasion in their sleep if the training gives a novice that much skill and ability. The original story involved over twenty years of training, and Caine couldn’t pull off some of what she was doing as a mere novice.

I do hope they somehow include David Carradine. The current Flash did include actors from the 90s Flash so there is precedent.

Brian

Him being dead for 12 years might be a challenge for them.

Hooded figure with a badly imitated voice.

A death most legendary.

Oops, did not remember he was dead. Maybe Chris Potter who played his (great grand) son on KF The Legend Continues

Brian

Didn’t make it through the second episode, which is unusual for me as I generally give a show three episodes to prove it sucks. Besides the aforementioned “three years of training and she’s a Master” BS, I had trouble with the fact that in the first episode her and her friends were able to take down the local big criminal in a week, which the local cops hadn’t been able to do.

Can’t wait for the first team up with Flash and Supergirl.