The New Mini-Phone Book is Here!! Wish I could use it.

I received my new phone books last night. Four inches thick of residential listings, six thick of commercial listings, and a cute little mini-yellow pages I can keep in the car. (CAUTION: DO NOT USE WHILE DRIVING A MOTOR VEHICLE). This is all fine and good so I can find any business in Savannah if I so need to while toodling about town (“Gee, I have a hankerin’ for some new mini-blinds. I wish I could find a mini-blind boutique, but my phone books are at home.”)

I am stoked!!! I have all my resources to find any business I need in Savannah, Georgia.
Problem is, I live in Orlando, Florida. The Res & Comm directories are correct for my area, but the mini-book is the listings for a whole different city in a whole 'nuther state. Haven’t called the phone company yet, but I’d love to hear their reasoning.

I can’t get rid of it, because the small print on the cover says: “Do Not Discard Before January 2005”. Would the phonebook police fish it out of the trash, return it to me, and levy a fine if I just threw it away? Maybe this is an omen, and I am fated to move there? Is there a “Home for Wayward Phonebooks” where it would be cared for until its expiration date? Any crafty Dopers have any home decor ideas (decopage a lamp)? Anybody in Savannah need a mini-Yellow Pages?

I do know I have lots of ammo for a paper airplane fight (okay, they are mini-bombers, but I’m not arguing as long as I am armed). Bring it on…

sigh I just wish our phone books here were as much fun … :frowning:

Here’s their reasoning…

They very intentionally sent you the listings for Savannah, Georgia so that you could call people there and have them look up stuff for you in the mini-books they have for Orlando.

Makes perfect sense to me.