The Ninth Gate - Huh?

Old enough to date back to before there was a Cafe Society. Since there is one now, though, I’ll move it thither (from MPSIMS).

Resurrections are on the rise (pun intended). Must be spring break.

I would have attributed it to Easter, but whatever.

Since - now that it’s in Cafe Society - resurrections are OK, then I’ll throw in my 2 cents. I read the book that the film is based on, The Club Dumas, and in that book, (mildly spoilery) [spoiler] the Girl was a fallen angel who’d rebelled (it says above she was Lucifer, but I don’t recall if she was - I thought she was just depicted that way because of once-angelic light, and thought I recalled she said she rebelled with him) and had wandered alone ever since. She had become deeply lonely, then fell in love with Corso during the course of the book.

The only plot to summon the Devil was by the book collector who’d hired Corso, Corso didn’t enter Hell, and the movie omits (for understandable timing reasons) the plot about writings by Dumas.[/spoiler]

The book is just vastly superior, plus I think fans of literature-related mysteries and suspense books will like it. It’s kind of like Dan Brown done well, with smaller-scoped conspiracy.

The movie is quite simple, really. Lucifer, in the movie, is a woman! LCF has fallen in love with Corso. This is why Corso is the chosen one. At the end, they consummate their love in the flesh. Because of this, LCF lets him enter her kingdom to reign with her.
Watch how LCF kisses him; her kisses say it all. Watch how LCF is hurt when Corso accuses her of doing things against him. She is so in love! Because LCF loves him, she protects him.
LCF is quite passionate, as many women are, particularly when in love.
LCF as a woman simply made the movie more interesting; it gave it a twist!
Corso was authentic in his pursuit for the gate. He didn’t hope to gain anything except the solution to the riddle, unlike the others who wanted godhood. He was authentic.

I interpret the story as simply the-throne-goes-to-the-one-who-didn’t-ask-for-it. God, how many stories like that have you read?

Hello,first time posting.I had watched this movie on cable 4 or 5 times this week alone.Seen the movie many years ago and it was very interesting to say the least.I was always curious about the girl and finally googled it to come to this page.I liked MagicalSilverKey answer to this question the most.My own theory was that picture of the hoar of babylon on the serpent/dragon of 6 or so heads.It triggered the memories I had of the omen movies.Lucifers child raised in Rome etc.Its said somewhere along the lines that the whore dies I think,betrayal not sure by Lucifer.Maybe she came to Earth to stop the prohpecy,switched the final picture with a counterfeit but along the way she fell in love with Curso.So she gives him what he’s after.Giving him the picture was the only way she coul have made sure he could find be with her forever in her world.

Nacho4Sara is now 32. When he turns 33… the prophecy will be fulfilled!

Looks as though Magical Silver Key said it best… I read many forums about this movie, the ending in particular… There were a few posts here that explained it better than many reviews from those who claim they knew the real meaning… With that being said…

Sara is a girls name Bryan Ekers…

When he turns 33?

At least you did the math right? Oh, wait … :smack::smack::smack:

Stay cool out there!

#reeclectObama2016 … Srsly, ik trump won’t win but Hillary isn’t a lot better than him. Okay, later guys! Glad the initial question was answered as that was a tough ending to comprehend! What a great movie! And now I must read the book! Ramble over!!

A confused 16yo zombie.

DustinO33 As you’re new to the boards I wanted to let you know that political commentary is out of place in this forum and unrelated to the topic of this thread.

Checkout the Elections forum for political discussions instead.

Thanks.

Since this is a 16 year old zombie thread, so I think I’ll lock it. Feel free to start a new thread on the subject.