The oddities in your music collection

There seems to be a very wide range of musical tastes here, based on previous threads. What’s the weirdest piece in your musical collection? How about widest range of taste? On my CD shelf sits “John Denver’s Greatest Hits” right next to the Dead Kennedys “Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables”. I also have hits compilations by Patty Duke and Motorhead. Time-Life’s “Country Classics” series and Black Sabbath. I found an LP called “Music to get C 6th By” at a pawn shop where I used to work. It’s an album to help you tune your steel guitar (which I don’t play). I picked it up because it’s a Beatles song on it! LeAnn Rimes and Elvis cd’s; A Patti Page 45 (“Mockingbird Hill”). A LOT of ABBA, the Beatles, and ELO. Tons on 70’s various artists cd’s and albums (Cheers to you, Rhino Records and K-Tel).

So, watchoo got?

Near a Jars of Clay CD, who are a Christain band btw, is a Marilyn Manson CD.

Further down is “Saturday Morning Cartoon’s Greatest Hits”

Next to my Bagpipes cd and set of Glen Miller’s Greatesst Hits i have Mannheim Steamroller’s Classical Gas and a cd by Accoustic Mayhem, a bluegrass band.

i feel odd… can anyone describe such musical taste with a word not similar to ‘bizarre’?

Patsy Cline’s Greatest Hits next to “Dr. Dre 2001” and “The Chronic.”

Ella Fitzgerald - “The Love Ballads” next to Bob Dylan “Blonde on Blonde.”
Every single Beatle album ever right by Annie Lennox “Medusa” and “Repeat Offender” by Richard Marx.

I have such bizarre music taste too! My CD collection is so ramdom. I found a CD single of that song “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” by some group I forget the other night. When did I purchase that??!!

I’ve got Black Sabbath near Ace of Base. Then again, Bjork and Marilyn Manson is probably a weirder combination I have.

I think having Ruff Ryders Vol II right next to The Simpsons Yellow Album beats 'em all…

Hehe…well i got some weird combos of my own.
Beatles-Rubber Soul next to Einsturzende Neubauten-Halber Mensch
Peter Gabrial-Last Temptation of Christ next to Coil-Scatology
Vivaldi-Four Seasons next to NIN-Broken.

Mario Lanza next to Labradford.

I have the Marilyn Manson CD next to the Hanson CD.

My CDs are pretty tame. Andrew Lloyd Webber, John Rutter, Chopin, RENT, Godspell, Braveheart. No big surprises.

My MP3s however contain all sorts of stuff. They exhibit heavy influences from my friends (Le Sang being about par on the wierdness scale when it comes to music) happy hardcore, Les Mis, Nena, the dregs of the 80’s, John Denver, Manson, and every delightfully bitchy song I could ever find.

Here are some of my CD’s in my Currently Listening To CD Case:

80’s songs (downloaded from Napster)
Soundtrack: Clockwork Orange
Soundtrack: Wendy Carlo’s Clockwork Orange
The Best of Mozart
Soundtrack: Amadeus
Soundtrack: The Wedding Singer
Soundtrack: The Wedding Singer Part 2
Styx Greatest Hits
Monster 80’s
Garbage
Garbage 2.0
Soundtrack (sort of): Mystere-Cirque Du Soleil
Eiffel 65-Euro Pop (I don’t listen to it much anymore)
Erasure-I Say
Sheryl Crow
Soundtrack: Rain Man
Smash Mouth
More Pure 80’s
No Doubt-Tragic Kingdom
No Doubt-Return of Saturn
Enya-The Best of Enya
Dancemix USA Vol.3 and
Michael Jackson-Dangerous (I know, I know–but he’s a good singer)

Quite a wide range of music interests, I would say. In my other folder I have CD’s ranging from the Soundtracks of The Lion King to Queen to the soundtrack to Beetlejuice to Pink Floyd.

From,

Anake

I don’t think my music collection is all that varied as yours, but then I’ve had time to get used to it…

A few weeks ago I bought these four CDs together:
Scary Monsters/Bowie, Pure 80s, Party Album/VengaBoys, and the Living End (by the Living End)…

Also have stuff by…
The Monkees, the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Garbage, Matchbox20, Sheryl Crow, TOOL, Metallica, R.E.M., Janis Joplin, Dusty Springfield, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs Soundtrack, Aqua, Green Day, Aerosmith, Savage Garden, Smashing Pumpkins, Meat Loaf, Guns N Roses, Jethro Tull, Blue Oyster Cult, Bruce Sprinsteen, Hole, the Doors, and others…:stuck_out_tongue:

In between Incubus and Slipknot;

Tony Bennet- MTV Unplugged in New York

I have Teen Riot (pop hits from the late 80s, early 90s), Metallica, Garth Brooks, Dwight Yoakam, a 70s classic rock compilation, the soundtrack to the Godzilla remake (alternative), An ACoustic Country Christmas, MC Hammer, Gary Allan…

Just from looking at my CD rack:

Led Zeppelin “Box Set” 1 & 2
Aerosmith “Greatest Hits” & “Big Ones”
AC/DC “Live”
Eric Clapton
Garth Brooks “Double Live” (and all his other albums on cassette)
Alice Cooper “Classicks”
Creedence Clearwater Revival “Chronicle V1 & V2”
Billy Dean
John Fogerty
Jeff Foxworthy “Games Rednecks Play”
Jimi Hendrix “Woodstock” & “Ultimate Experience”
KISS greatest hits
Lynyrd Skynyrd “Gold & Platinum”
Jo Dee Messina (won from a radio station)
Weird Al “Bad Hair Day” & “Alapalooza”
Ted Nugent “Great Gonzos” (greatest hits)
The Who greatest hits
Masters of Classical Music 10-CD set (free from some promotion)

Hey Gun…? You’re cool. I love you.

I make mix CD’s all the time. I finally started titling them “Schizophrenia”, after one friend described the mixes as schizophrenic. (I’m on Vol. 3.)

The first of these contained, back to back, Alison Krauss and Public Enemy.

Dr. J

Simon & Garfunkel next to Napalm Death, next to a Ren & Stimpy CD.

Another Andrew Lloyd Webber collector checking in. Only odd thing is the different languages. Want all three Japanese Phantom of the Operas, all three German Starlight Expresses,
or the Russian Jesus Christ Superstar?

At first glance I thought this thread was nuts, but last night I went back to my room to notice that I had my Simon & Garfunkel “Greatest Hits” next to a Suckerpunch CD.