The Office" "WUPH.COM" (open spoilers)

Not bad. An episode where Michael showed a little bit of growth, or at least some acceptance of reality about Ryan. I liked the way Pam talked to him, being direct and honest, but not snarky or mean. Just really telling Michael what he needed to hear. Ryan didn’t seem too offended about Michael saying he was self centered and lazy.

The B story was kind of dumb, though it might be interesting to see if the Angela storyline goes anywhere, and I chuckled at Kevin getting lost in the maze.

My favorite line was Michael talking about employees being “sent” to him:

“Ryan was sent to me as a temp. Andy was transferred here. I have no idea where Creed came from.”

Hasn’t Creed said that he basically took somebody else’s identity?

Made me laugh

In the episode “The Carpet” (where Todd Packer took a dump on Michael’s floor), Creed said that Ed Truck hired him.

“He was never heard from again. And do you know what his name was? Creed Bratton”
(While double checking this, I found that there is a musician named Creed Bratton…that looks just like him)

Do all the branches have the same IT guy? I thought it was odd that Andy was familiar with the IT guy from 8 years ago.

BIGBOOBZ (with a Z).

Good episode, but could have used more Erin and Creed.

The IT guy wasn’t assigned to any particular branch, like a traveling salesman.

“Are you really trying bigb-”
“I’m in”

It is him. He was with a band before a lot of us were born. I think they might have only had one hit, but I remember reading an interview with him about it.

I liked Jim’s prank on Gabe after the credits.

“I just wanted to say I think I had a really productive day!”

The Grass Roots were actually pretty big in the '60s and early '70s. They had three singles reach the Top 10 plus numerous lesser hits. “Midnight Confessions” and “Temptation Eyes” are probably their best remembered songs today.

Good to know. I don’t think I’ve heard of either of those songs.

I suppose if I had spent 13 more seconds reading I would realized this. I even knew Creed Bratton was his IRL name.

Is this him singing?

I liked the premise(s) in this episode, but the website name??? Come on, the spelling was stretching it just a bit. I think if most people were truly trying to spell it, they’d use “WOOF” or something of the sort. “WUPHF” was conveniently the acronym for Washington University Public Health Foundation. Maybe it’s just because I’m in public health, but as soon as Ryan said Washington University was interested in buying, I knew immediately it was for the domain name because it started with WU and told Mrs. Hollister it was Washington University Public Health Foundation.

I don’t want Angela to dump Dwight. There’s too much good stuff there. Downtrodden Dwight is not nearly as interesting and entertaining as Dwight the Stud. He was just sad when Angela and Andy were engaged.

The Wuphf thing started last season, long before that joke. I think they worked that joke around WUPHF and not the other way around.

“Ryan, you have a wuphf on line 1”

My assumption was that “woof” was already taken, and that “wuphf” was the only iteration Ryan could find that was available.

IIRC it stood for something.

It’s ‘Washington University Public Health Funds’

“The world shines on Mose.”

Good episode.

(Hmmm, thought I posted a youtube link)

Here he is, he’s on the left

Andy was making a joke about his or her name being Lozenge, I think.

Now that there’s a cap on commissions, might Jim be making more money as a manager?? Wasn’t that why he wanted the sales job in the first place?