The Official and Totally Embarrassing "Roadhouse" Appreciation Thread

Damn you! I wanted to say it!

I’ll give me second favorite line:

“You’re going to be my regular Saturday night thing.”

I’ll watch ANYthing with Sam Elliot.

Please pardon me while I wipe the drool off my chin…

Wooo-hooo! It is about time for this thread!

Actually, I think the movie sucks but alot of it was filmed (the downtown and the scenes around the river) in my hometown. A friend and I were driving through town one night when we noticed that all of the streets downtown were blocked off and there were quite a few people standing around. Naturally, we stopped to investigate (but didn’t split up to look for clues). And, there he was, in all of his glory, Mr. Patrick Swayze. It was pretty cool considering how it is a really small town whose only claim to fame is that it is “The World’s Fruitbasket” (I think that the claim is based on the amount of fresh fruit shipped out of town every year).

Anyways, we used to have this old drive-in theater on the outside of town that all of the underage youths would go drinking. They played Roadhouse when it came out and, of course, we all went to go see it. You should have heard the drunken roar when they showed the downtown!

I may have shared this story on this board already, but it must be repeated here.

In high school I worked in a movie theater in a small town in East/Middle Tennessee. Roadhouse was a huge hit, and stayed at my theater for a couple months. It just so happens that the projector was acting up around this time. The recieving platter was just a little too fast, so it would tug on the film and cause it to break. So it was my job to sit up in the projection booth and make sure the film had enough slack to keep from breaking by lightly touching the recieveing platter to slow it down when the film started to get too tight. I saw Roadhouse twice a night, three times on weekends, for two straight weeks. God, I hate that movie!

Without a doubt, the absolute best thing about Road House is Julie Michaels, the hottest stunt woman ever. Who should be in many more featured roles.

:slight_smile:

I kept watching because I wanted to see them sweep up the eyeballs after closing time. But alas, it was just a metaphor after all. Or a simile, whatever. I loved the flick, anyway…Timmy

That does make a difference – I have a degree in philosophy (Ivy League, yet!) and it sisn’t keep me from working at Kinko’s for a year.

–Cliffy

I qualify this movie as a guilty pleasure. As a man who subscribes to Maxim, I know I shouldn’t like any Patrick Swayze movie, but I can’t help but like this moive.

Favorite line, given by the heavy set guy when confronted by the police at the end of the movie on what he saw, given in a groggy southern twang:
“Polar Bear fell on me”

Makes me laugh every time.

Best two lines in the movie:

“I used to fuck guys like you in prison.”

and after Sam Elliot destroys one of Brad Wesley’s goon’s knees, as he is lying on the ground writhing in pain, he leans over, pushes his hair out of his eyes, smiles and says :“Man, that hurts, doesn’t it?”

Also add Terry Funk to Sam Elliot:

“Stay out of this . . DAD!!!”

Do I watch this movie too much? :smiley:

Cassanova - “I’m on my break!”

Swayze - “Stay on it.”

LOL

Okay, okay one more; Patrick Swayze is telling his bouncers to be polite with the customers, even when they are giving them a hard time.

Bouncer: “What if they call my mother a whore?”

Swayze: “Is she?”

“This place is so bad, they have signs above the urinals that say ‘Don’t eat the big white mint.’”

I agree that Roadhouse is a guilty pleasure, but, as much as I love Sam Elliot and respect his abilities as an actor, this is my favorite role of his.

I love the look he sports, his attitude and his role as the modern equivilent of the aging gunfighter. Roadhouse is a mediocre Western, but the fact that it’s an 80’s pop culture study makes it fun.