The Phillies are atop the Nat'l League East standings!!!

Please don’t remind me about 1993. This is a Happy Phillies Phan thread, right?

You bet it is! And besides, how could you not be happy, knowing that they’ve won every game this season!
[sub]I was actually at Game 4 of the '93 Series, too…[/sub]

Not only that, dan, but they’re in first place in the National League, ahead of the hated Braves and Mets!

[sub]I had tickets for game 7 of the 1980 series.[/sub]

[gloat mode]

And the Phils stun the Fish, 7-3, to complete the sweep.

Record: 3-0.

Lord, I love springtime, when all things are possible.

[/gloat mode]

Damn, ya beat me to it, Rocket!

hehe…

159 to go! That’s all I ask!

170 to go! That’s all I ask!

Go Phils!

Ahhh 1993…many fond memories (Wild Thing)…What???Why are you coming at me with those baseball bats for???

Keith

If only Richie Ashburn was still calling the games…
I’d love to hear what Chris Wheeler thinks of this start.

Three down, 159 to go!

I wouldn’t. Yuck! What a whiny wiseass!

Today’s the home opener. Wish I was in the Wolfpack!

Go Phils!

I love this team!

Whodathunk that the first place teams in the NL East would be Les Expos and the Phightin’ Phils?!?!

Go Phillies!!!

Wow.
A week after opening day and they’re still hanging in…
Amazing.
(No. wait. That’s already taken…)

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by dantheman *

Strange thing in baseball . . . you can’t win the WS unless you get in the playoffs. Weird I know.

Truthfully let me say that I was born in Georgia and I have been a Braves fan since 1975, which means they have sucked, for me at least, longer than they have been good. I welcome a little struggle, I think it will do two important things :

1. Make the team hungrier . . . and they need that.

2. Get rid of all those stupid bandwagon fans.

Now if I just did not live with a Mets fan. Ugh. Trust me if the Mets win today (again) I will be hearing about it for awhile.

BTW how about “Phantastic” ? (Seeing as how “amazing” is so done.)

Hey Chief if its not the Bravos this year, I am totally pulling for those Phils. The boys are due.

Any team and I mean any team except for New York Mets/Yankees or Seattle. It is time to see other teams (except Seattle) vie for the crown.

Guess what? The Phightin’ Phils are still in first!

Whoo!

Maybe you guys should try and resign Mitch Williams.I heard he’s available. :slight_smile:

Actually, you won’t believe this, but he’s now a pitching coach. Wonders never cease.

And the Phils are up 1-0 on the Giants after one inning today. :slight_smile:

The Phillies win the pennant!

And they win today, 4-2.

:slight_smile:

To get my take on how things will look in October, check out my homepage (just click below). Offer good for week of 5/6/01 only, though. I try to update weekly.

Sometimes I just update weakly.

I’m starting to feel like it’s 1983 again. I honestly think I’ll see Dale Murphy and Rafael Ramirez in the field.

But, hey, I was a Braves fan even then, so I’m not going anywhere. Besides, it gives me patience with my hometown Devil Rays.