The pithiest advice you ever got...

“It only shoots where you point it.”- my marksmanship instructor

Wherever you go, there you are.

Don’t pith into the wind.

Don’t do crazy

First I had gto look up “pithy”, I was never sure exactly what it meant. It has two meanings: heavy and weighty, or soft and spongy. Not helpful. First, by accident, I clicked on Translate, and got Najczystszy in Polish. Equally unhelpful.

OK: The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty – it is too big.

How to draw:

“Lay down about a thousand pencil lines, ink somewhere in the middle, then erase the pencils.”

It’s amazing how well this actually works.

It only shoots where you point it.

The only think worse than staying in s bad relationship for 10 years, is staying in one for ten years and a day.

Isn’t staying in it for 10 years and 2 days also worse?

Never pass up a good bathroom. (Thanks, Mama.)

Yes, but not as catchy :slight_smile:

But I didn’t want to go then. I want to go now.

“You only live once”. Given to me many moons ago by a co-worker when I was debating whether or not to buy a new motorcycle. I bought it.

If only there were a pithier way of saying this.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Carry yourself with the confidence of a mediocre white man.

Adults hate getting caught being wrong, especially by children. – 6th grade teacher, after we caught her being wrong about something.

At some point during my dad’s descent into MS-related dementia, he looked at me and said, “Never waste an erection.”

Uncomfortable then, mostly humorous now. Perhaps someday I’ll achieve enlightenment and it will become useful advice.

Another quote from him on the occasion of my 18th birthday, “Remember, you can now be tried as an adult.”

“Shit or get off the pot”

“if you want to pay fewer taxes, make less money”