The Pollyanna Files (Get in on the Random Acts of Kindness!)

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=271585 ]Inspired by this thread, and largely because I’ve always wanted to do it, I’ve decided that tomorrow I’m going to pay for the coffee of the car behind me at the drive thru. Nothing major, maybe an extra coupla bucks outta my pocket, and I think it would be a nice way for someone to start their day. OK, maybe it’s a little selfish of me to think that maybe, just maybe, I’ll be briefly immortalized by a complete stranger telling a bunch of people at work that something weird happened on his/her way to work this morning. Is that bad?

Anyone else wanna get in on the random acts of kindness gig? Doesn’t have to be monetary, could be anything. Could be a great way to get through a Wednesday! (or Thursday, or Friday, etc.)

If you do join in, let me know how you did!

My act of kindness was to give you the link you forgot. :smiley:

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Ok…I’m looking at your post on my screen, and the link is most definitely not there.

Now I look at it on kittenlm’s screen, and there it is.

Now I look at my face, and I see egg all over it.

You can all gain an act of kindness by not giving me the public mocking I so richly deserve. :smack:

That’s okay, because my link is all kinds of messed up. I switched to Opera recently, and apparently the little script that lets you highlight text and click on the “url” button doesn’t work (doesn’t automatically add in the highlighted text) so I tried to fix it myself and… well, I failed.

So maybe there’s egg, but it’s not dried :wink:

Every now and then I’ll stick a quarter in an expired parking meter.
I realize in big cities this would get me in big trouble, but we can do stuff like that around here …

Ok, I’ll admit it - I gave the security guard who works at the door I come in to at work a donut and a cup of coffee this morning, just 'cause. He smiled.