The rain falls, but the ground remains dry

On behalf of a friend, I’m posing this question to the Teeming Millions:

Is there a special name for the phenomenon for when rain falls but does not hit the ground due to evaporation?

I’ve searched on Google and the Weather Channel’s website with no luck. I could have sworn that I’ve read about this somewhere, and that the name has the word “veil” in there somewhere. Alas, even a Google search using the terms “rain” and “veil” was not successful, either.


Dang. I am not worthy. :smiley: