The rock in the box: I burning your dog

Won’t somebody think of the Saltines?!?

To the OP, we are laughing at you, not with you. You seem a bit confused about this point (among other things).

These words…individually, they make sense…

Monkey die, everybody cry.

(obscure pop culture reference challenge)

I am completely and utterly confused.

A Google search for “Rock in the Box” turned up jack-in-the-box versions of various rock music personalities, and a site where you can purchase souvenir rocks from the Matterhorn. “Magic Rock” turned up a bunch of fantasy and Goth websites. Still no idea what this guy is ranting about.

Hey, Thaidog can’t help it if he’s not the somethingest rock in the box.

What I want to know is, what happened to the burning Golden Retriever?

I mean, come on. You can’t leave a plot thread like that just hanging.

(And what about the badgers, I ask you? The parade is in but half an hour.)

Say, would anyone be interested in buying this Brooklyn Bridge-in-a-box?

Two for a dollar on Fridays!

Badgers? This thread don’t need no stinkin’ badgers!

I cried at the monkey’s funeral in Sunset Boulevard, too.

:: snap snap snap ::

I’m with this thread man. Totally. I’m slipping through the vanilla pudding of my consciousness as the razorblades tell me tales of years past…the rainbow is laughing, but more from sympathy than joy. I eat your dog. I EAT YOUR DOG…but I love your dog. You offer the orange and I accept.

Incidentally, according to Googlefight, Schrodinger was wrong about that cat.

“cat is alive” : 804.
“cat is dead” : 39,100.

Pretty darn conclusive, it looks to me. The cat is dead. Stuff quantum mechanics. (And the cat, too.)

I think the ‘chill them crackers out’ bit is a nod to Pulp Fiction, is it not? It’s the first thing I thought of when I read it and, quite frankly, I thought that part was funny as shit.

You know what? I can make more sense out of this post than the original one. :smiley:

This made me realize how bad grammer can sometimes be threatning in and of itself. If someone came up to me and said “I’m burning your dog”, I’d probably calmly reply “Yeah Pete, whatever you say.”

But if the same guy came up and said “I burning your dog” I probably scream “Holy shit Fluffy, get the fuck outta there!”

Dear ThaiWhore:

Please. Stay. Out. Of. The. Liquor.

Thanks much,

Mikie

Whoa…someone’s been indulging in some herbal refreshment, here!

This is not a good game," said our fish as he lit. “No, I do not like it, not one little bit!”

Thaidog - Shuddup. Now come over here and sand mama’s heels.

“So there we were at 2:30 in the morning…I was beginning to wish I had never come to cadet training school. To the south lay water…there was no way we could cross that. To the east and west two armies squeezed us in a pincer. The only way was North. I had to go for it and pray the Gods were smiling on me. I picked up the dice and threw two sixes. Caldecott couldn’t believe it. My go again…ANOTHER TWO SIXES!”

Thanks Rimmer!