The SDMB is therapuetic because

I find the SDMB to be really therapuetic because:

• it allows me to vent
  • it makes be laugh
  • it distracts me from whatever problems I could have been focusing on
  • it reaffirms my benevolence towards humanity: such intelligence, such grace, such wit, such humor, such style, such compassion, such passion, such innocence are all so captivating
  • it makes me realize that there is no “normal”

WRS

Right now, I feel like the SDMB is my lifeline.

I’m a stay-at-home mom with a 1 year-old in a foreign country where I know almost no one. We have one car, so I’m often homebound. We’re pretty strapped for cash right now, which makes going out non-existent. Since May 28th, I’ve had a total of about 3 hours without my child. I feel alone, isolated, and sometimes, completely desolate.

On most days, the SDMB is my only contact with “civilization” - adults, the outside world, my home. I honestly do not know how I’d cope without you all. Even the random, silly puns (maybe, especially the random, silly puns) get me through the day.

… my wife gets annoyed when I talk about how good-lookin’ all those women on TV are. We watch the shows together, but I refrain from commenting as much as possible.

Take a walk outside once in a while, we don’t bite, really!

But what about all them snakes and crocs and spiders and …

I love SDMB because the reading of many peoples views help me to reassess my own views. Oh and the toilet humour.

:slight_smile: Oh, I do. But there are only so many times I can point to a kookaburra and say, “See the birdie? What’s the birdie say?” in a day. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s my primary source of contact with native English speakers.

It’s my primary resource for US pop culture information, as well as a good deal of general news.

Because of SDMB, I know I’m not the only one.

Because of SDMB, I know that sometimes I am the only one.

Generally, I’d have to say because of SDMB, I’m in much better mental health (and perhaps also physical health) than I would be otherwise.

…Because otherwise, I’d have to actually work. :slight_smile:

That’s darn confusing. He comes to the SDMB because the outside world is scary, and you say, “Go outside, we don’t bite.” You make it sound like all of us have his house staked out or something… “Put down the keyboard and come out of the house!”

It reminds me that I’m not as smart as I think. (As if I weren’t already doing a fine job of telling myself that I’m worthless and stupid and nobody cares what I think.) :smack: