The season starts Sunday at 1 EDT. And the Steelers' march to the Super Bowl begins.

Nah, you know the Fins will win until December. Then you know they’ll lose.

God I missed this.
sniff

Despite my regional “loyalties”, as a liberal I must take a moment to commend the Steelers for thier active recruitment of effeminate homosexuals and thier hiring of Maya Angelou as Special Teams Coach.

*I am the BALL
Please, ye gods, don’t let BATCH
touch my delicate SEAMS
and throw me into the CHEAP SEATS

You people who claim that Batch will be starting really need to put down the glass pipe. Batch is about 33% of the QB that Maddox is. Maddox had a great pre-season, and even with all the offensive weapons at his disposal, Batch looked like dogsqueeze in the preseason game that I saw.

If you’re predicting an injury, then maybe…but for those of you saying Batch will beat Tommy for the starting position are just fucking insane.

As for this season, I like the Steelers chances to win the North. Baltimore is putting together the pieces for another superbowl caliber team, but it won’t fall into place for them this year. (Look out for them next year, though). Sunday? Hard to say. The Ravens are starting a rookie but our week 1 track record unfortunately speaks for itself.

As a Steeler fan, I’d love nothing more than for them to go all the way. Realistically, I think Buffalo is the team to beat in the AFC.

Ya know, every bucs fan I’ve ever talked to has been very reserved and humble about his/her team recent championship. Of course being worse than the bengals for 20 years will do that to you.

Buffalo is just New England’s expansion team these days. Just like Red Sox sends the players they don’t want down to Pawtucket, New England sends theirs to Buffalo.

I’d just like to see my 'Skins have a winning, semi-consistent season so that I might actually put some faith in them next year.

Oh, that and to watch them beat the snot out of the Cowgirls twice.

So that means the Chargers must be the Bills farm team then.

Jacksonville fan here…things aren’t looking too good for the Jags this season. Brunell is a lame duck QB, as management has made it pretty clear this is his last season here, and it wouldn’t be surprising at all to see Leftwich starting by mid-season. Then their best receiver (Jimmy Smith) is out for the first four games due to a drug suspenson, so they’ll have to depend on JJ Stokes and Matthew Hatchette until Smith gets back (groan…). The running game is the only remotely bright spot on offense. Of course, that all hinges on Fred Taylor being healthy all season, and he hasn’t exactly had a sterling record in that area (last season was the first time he’s played all 16 games in a while). If he goes down, Jacksonville has to rely on an equally injury prone Christian Fuamatu-Ma’afala and rookie LaBrandon Toefield. The defense is okay, but nowhere what they once were. Jacksonville will be fortunate to win 8 games this season. A more realistic number is 6. Looks like they’ll be playing golf come January.

OK, let’s be honest.

At the half, the score is 13-0. Maddox is 14-18 for 150 yards and a touchdown, against a strong Ravens defense, perennially one of the best defenses in the league. Rushing is thus far not impressive, but the Steelers defense has been.

So, this is for you, wmulax93: :rolleyes:

Maddox, with every snap, is making you eat your words.

20-0 now.

27-7

The 'Niners are on in a half hour. :slight_smile:

So, aside from a fumble, which happens, and 57 yards worth of pass interference penalties on Dwayne Washington in the same series, the Ravens wouldn’t have scored.

On the other hand, we had the Steelers passing at will and running the ball effectively, if not as well as they traditionally do.

All in all, it was a good effort. Check that- what it was was a good old-fashioned ass whoopin’. :smiley:

Tommy Maddox: 21-29, 260 yards, 3 TDs, and no picks. Not bad for a “career backup” “from the XFL”, eh?

This just in: Ravens plead “no contest”

Maybe, but I don’t think the Pawsox would be able to annihilate the BoSox quite as effectively as Buffalo shut down NE today.

I have Buffalo’s D on my fantasy team. Woohoo!

And he finshed 21/29, 260 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs against a D that will likely be top 5 this year. w00t!

I believe that this game falls under the header of “shellacking”.

Earl of the CC wished:

while Neurotik said

Ahem.

I stand corrected.