The Single People Comfort Zone

Heh, I’m the Queen of Spades, Einmon. Just call me “The Bitch!”

So, you play Hearts with the Jack of Diamonds as a minus 10 points, or not?

Kn*ckers: I haven’t until now…but that makes it more interesting. Go for it, I say!!

42 is a domino game.

Here’s Da Rules

House Rules: forced bid. forced Nello only. No 7s.

Sorry I’m late. I’ve got some chips and dip, and some veggies for those much more health conscious than I am. Deal me in for a game of hearts.

So let’s break the ice. How’d you guys like “Daredevil”?

Welcome, welcome, welcome. Veggies. Why not?

Being stuck in an overseas country I have to admit to not having seen “Daredevil” yet. But I’m certainly planning to. Was it any good?

Man, this thread is going to make me balloon up with all the eats. Now I’ll never find a woman.

Am I too late? I stopped off to get some pizza and beer. Can someone help me carry it in?

I also stopped at the video store. Who wanted Deep Impact and Armageddon?

Since I love being single, I wanted to bring this up a notch… Here’s my top ten list of Reasons Why Being Single is Better Than Not Being Single. Feel free to add your own.

1. If you want cake for dinner, or cold cereal, have at it.
  2. Don’t feel like cleaning the house? Nobody’s coming over… you don’t have to! Live in filth if it makes you happy.
  3. No arguments over the remote, what to watch, or what to rent.
  4. No arguments over what to do, where to go, who to see, that is… no scheduling conflicts. You are free as a bird to do whatever you feel like without consulting someone else.
  5. When you make large purchases (car, house, whatever), the only opinion you have to defer to is your own. You get to pick out what you like, in the color and style you want. And if you can’t afford it… hey, nobody will harp on you about going into debt in order to treat yourself.
  6. No in-laws! And no dealing with other peoples’ family dramas.
  7. You have lots of free time you can use to take classes, join clubs, volunteer to assist others who are less fortunate. Or simply more time to devote to hobbies you enjoy. My garden would look like crap if I had an SO.
  8. It’s cheaper! You don’t have to spend a small fortune to find out at the end of the date that you’re NOT getting laid!
  9. If you want to walk around the house naked, it is not (necessarily) an invitation for sex. Unless, of course, you turn yourself on, in which case, hey, have at it!
  10. 3am is an acceptable time to blast your favorite Berlin song.

Baking Solo not a good thing?

I’m doomed, then. I bake fresh bread for myself all the time.

Mmmm, fresh bread. Here are two loaves of whole wheat and two of white. I haven’t tried with soy flour yet.

Didn’t see “Daredevil” m’self.

And there are variants of Solitaire that one can play as a competitive game, where two opponents sit across from one another and each tries to complete their game first, using whichever piles are available for a move…

1. Vegging on the couch hogging the computer is always a viable option.
  2. Not getting anything for Valentine’s is not a problem.
  3. Cheaper, yes. No birthdays, X-mas or anniversaries to consider.
  4. No mind-reading necessary.
  5. Less drama in general.

Sister Battle-Solitaire!! I thought my Mom made that up :slight_smile:

Nice game of Hearts you got going. Anyone else wanna play Spades?

Sunspace

comfort food and a fun read?

Don’t suppose there’s anything left? :wink:

Excuse me, is this seat taken?

Why yes, that IS big plate of gooey nachos, and no, I couldn’t POSSIBLY eat them all by myself.

We bring left overs to work and do a swap & share.

I just got home from work, I am bring what the crew at work calls my famous chocolate chip cookies.

I wanna rum and coke, easy on the rum, I will be driving later

oops I gotta proof read that is bringing

Either that or lay off the rum and coke.

It’s been so long for me that I’m a virgin again. Nice to see you all.

Why beer is better than dating:

1. Dating makes me nervous, beer makes me relax
    Beer 1, dating 0

2. Beer makes people laugh, Significant Others make people complain
    Beer 2, dating 0

3. I can have only one date at a time, but I can always fetch another beer from the fridge
    Beer 3, dating 0

4. Beer hangover lasts a morning. Relationship hangover lasts a lifetime
    Beer 4, dating 0

5. I know I’ll take the top off a beer after dinner, but a date (?)…
    Beer 5, dating 0

Yeah, but putting your penis in a beer bottle isn’t nearly as…umm…wait…

So, how many cards are we dealing out?

We can always play Strip-Solitaire, I guess. Then again…Armageddon, anyone?

But I don’t want an arranged marriage.
Anyway, sorry I’m late folks, I’ve been working on a paper. Oh, were we supposed to bring stuff? I completely forgot to stop by the store. I’ll make sure I bring something tomorrow

So, anyone up for a shoot-em-up flick? Please…I’ve been studying all day and I need something with little to no plot and lots of explosions to watch.