"The Spy Who Dumped Me"

I highly recommend The Spy Who Dumped Me, a hilarious comedy, starring Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon, about two hapless friends who are inadvertently drawn into the international world of high stakes espionage.

Unlike some movies in this genre that wander into the “trite and corny”, this movie is clever and imaginative, and the Kunis’ and McKinnon’s characters complement each other perfectly. Though there is considerable action, the violence isn’t overly graphic as in many of these action style movies. Instead, the movie relies on a clever plot and great comedy.

I agree, I really enjoyed it too.

I saw it last summer and mostly liked it. I’d give it a solid B. Nice cameo by Gillian Anderson as an MI6 official. The car chase through Vienna (?) was as well-done as any Bond or Bourne film’s. I didn’t buy the ending for a moment, though.

We saw this last summer at a drive-in (!) as the second movie in a double-feature. The first movie was The Meg. It was a great night out with a pair of cheesy films.

I just saw this last week, and except for the cheesy and predictable stinger at the very end, I thought it was awesome. I laughed out loud many times, though in fairness I was pretty high. Still, like, tons of laughing.

We liked it too. (A double feature with the Meg would have been awesome!)