The Starving Artist plan to restore America to its former glory!

I’ve heard Starving Artist repeatedly claim that America was better back in the 1950s.

Instead of disputing this, for the sake of this thread I’m going to go along with that argument and accept it as true.

What I’d really like to hear from Starving Artist is his plan to restore America to its former glory. Instead of just hearing complaints, I’d like to hear solutions.

What’s your plan to combat teen pregnancy, drug use, bad fashion, and naughty language?

If we were all as trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent as SA… well… there ya go. Problem solved.

Lots of spankings! Oh wait, that will only make the situation worse. :wink:

What is this Pitting even about? If he did something buttheadish you should at least link to it. Otherwise this looks like a joke Pitting.

Nothing new in particular. It just dawned on me that Starving Artist is heavy on complaints, and short on solutions. Admittedly, I haven’t done an extensive search on every post he’s ever made so I could be wrong.

I vote we kill all the dissenters.

Of course, other dissenters might spring up and try to change things - somebody changed things from how they were in the 50s, and they might do so again. Nuking from orbit is the only way to be truly sure.

Nevermind. Premature submit, plus I have to leave for a while. I’ll respond later.

That’s OK, there are drugs for that sort of thing now.

But they were not available in the 50’s

Actually a better pit would be one that points that he likes to derail threads when he thinks a conservative idea is being unfairly treated, by once again bringing up his same old complaints against liberals.

What happens then to many threads where he enters? They magically turn into chapter XX of his ongoing “why I hate progress, hippies and liberals” the subject of the OP then is barely touched, and I do think that is the intention.

Ladies and gentlemen, The Fabian of Filibuster, The Sultan of Smug, The Ayatollah of Misplaced Nostalgiah…I give you…

Starving Artist

chirp

chirp

psst…S_A, dude, you’re on.

If we were all as trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent as Blalron… well… there ya go. Problem solved.

I don’t think I can do the cheerful bit. Obedient either. Sorry to wreck it for y’all.

Whites Only lines at Best Buy and Wal-Mart and Whites Only sections in restaurants would make some steps in that direction. I’m not saying that non whites shouldn’t be allowed to shop at these places or eat in the same places- that should be up to the states- but I don’t see nothin’ wrong with a special “Wednesdays are Negro Day” (where white people who shop that day get a 10% discount for the inconvenience) or separate but equal non-white sections.

And just how do you expect a family to stay together if the mother has a means of making a living? You need to make divorce laws stricter and make sure women are barred from most professions and those who rise in them anyway are looked upon as freaks and mocked in movies where they melt when Rock Hudson kisses them and they go home and take care of babies and let a man have the job.

And who needs Human Resources? If a kid gets beat then chances are he or she had it coming, no need for the government to get involved unless they want to bring a switch.

Be fair. SA was asked, out of the blue, to respond to a very broadly worded question. He’s entitled to take a little while to prepare an answer.

You bet. Just tryin’ to fill in some dead air.

Not fair. An Ignosaurus Rex, yes. Racist, no. Don’t make me do this again.

Ah, the Fifties. When much of Europe was still clearing the rubble from World War Two. When China and India were undeveloped countries filled with millions of hungry peasants. To bring back the glory days of America, we need for the eastern hemisphere to immolate itself in a multilateral nuclear war that we adamantly stay out of (except to step in at the very end and finish off whichever side we don’t want to win). Then we can get rich selling American products to the survivors for the next twenty or thirty years.

He may or may not be racist, but the era he pines for…

And here I thought he’d been working on it for sixty years…or more.

At present that would be the conservatives, so, yeah. :cool: