What do you love about this message board?
- The (for the most part) well thought out and formulated postings. Most of the members seem to take care with their writing.
- The interesting people. Even the postings from the most obnoxious are generally good reading.
- Uh, no. I am not going to do what you think I might do here. *****
- For me, in particular, this is a good place to have “conversations” with English speaking people. I like living here in Germany, but I worry sometimes that my English skills might deteriorate without practice.
- The colorful epithets that get hurled about down in the Pit. Can you say “Asshammer?” Thanks, Jarbaby.
- The humorous threads.
- The serious threads.
- The way the members slap down trollish behavior.
- The restraint in the General questions section. It is wonderful to read through factual answers that (mostly) don’t degenerate into arguments - and even if they do, the participants mostly move over to Great Debates or the Pit to duke it out.
I really like this place. It’s kind of like being at a big, permanent, party with intelligent people.
I’m sure this has been done before. Now, it has been done again.
*** >^,^< **