The swiss army knife can open a can of hip pop too! (SAK MP3 player)

Cool stuff I noticed:

http://www.popgadget.net/2006/06/swiss_army_knif.php

I dunno, I like gadgets as much as the next guy (I currently have three pocketknife-type devices, including five blades and 27 other tools between them, plus a scientific calculator and a cell phone, on my person), but Swiss army knife + MP3 player just seems an odd marriage. You’re not going to be able to fit all of your gadgets into a single package, and if you’re going to split them up amongst multiple items, you might as well do it in a way that makes sense. Put your hacksaw, corkscrew, file, and other unpowered hand tools on the knife, and the MP3 player, PDA, camera, and other electronics on your cell phone.

Maye I’m just old-school, but I don’t like the idea of putting multiple gadgets on the same device. It might be nice to have your cell phone, camera, PDA, mp3 player, and magic 8-ball together in one device, but if you lose that device (or it’s stolen, or it gets broken) then you lose everything.

Question is, can it open a can of whup-ass?

No.

Because the Whup-ass cans come with an opening tab already, the SAK is not particularly useful in this situation.
:slight_smile:

I just don’t see this knife with an mp3 player as particularly useful for me. I like to have my mp3 player with me whenever I travel and you can’t board a plane with this gadget if it has blades. Same goes for any knife that has a flash drive on it. Can’t take it on a plane unless it’s kept in checked-in luggage and I hate to check any bags.