The Top Witches

I’ve been binge-watching a YouTube channel that specializes in Top Ten lists, and started thinking of what lists they haven’t done. Yet.

So to steal a march on them, I invite all present to nominate their favorite witches.

For me, Willow Rosenberg leads the list, but I have to acknowledge the original: all entertainment witches owe a debt to Samantha Stevens and her always cute nose twitch.

Honorable mentions for Piper, Phoebe, and Prue. Also Professor McGonagall.

Which witch makes you twitch?

Samantha Stephens.

Belatrix Lestrange, played by my favorite actress.

Granny Weatherwax.

Jennifer (played by Veronica Lake)

Rowena MacLeod

Granny would be #1 for me, or better still the Granny Weatherwax/Nanny Ogg/Magrat coven.

Gillian Holroyd

Zatanna Zatara.

She’s old enough now - Hermione Granger.

I’m not proud of that. Even Willow Rosenberg should be with a younger man than I.

Zatanna as a witch? Not sure about that one.

I don’t think the OP is looking for “Top Wtches You’d Like to Bang.”

If he is, I’d like to retract my nomination.

I checked the dictionary and it said “a woman who is believed to have magical powers and who uses them to harm or help other people”, so I shrugged.

(Wait, is the Scarlet Witch a witch?)

Sabrina. :o

No, that wasn’t the … er… thrust of this question, although I suppose a certain insouciant sexiness would contribute to a top ranking. But this was more a combination of overall witchy appeal and cultural entertainment relevance, not just a list of WILFs.

Still, nothing’s stopping me. Tabitha played by Lisa Hartman.

The Witch (voice: Julie Walters) from “Brave.”

and Gillian Owens.

Oh, God, yes!!! :cool:

Scott Cunningham, Selena Fox, Starhawk, Doreen Valiente, Oberon Zell-Ravenheart, T. Thorn Coyle, Diana Paxson, Christopher Penczak, Margot Adler, and Isaac Bonewits

What?