The Trump Administration: A Clusterfuck in the Making Part Deux (Part 1)

Oh yeah, I remember it well. “Give him a chance!” people said. There were suggestions that I be banned and/or that I start a blog elsewhere. (In fairness, as the DJT-so-called-administration went on, @asahi got pounded on a lot more than I did.)

Anyhoo, I appreciate the suggestion that I be given the privilege starting a new thread. However, I’ve observed on this board that it’s hard to get people to GO to a new thread. Practically speaking, I propose that for now we just let this one continue to run until Inauguration Day and then see where things stand. Maybe lock it, maybe do a Zoom BYOB (obviously) Dopefest.

I had thought about starting a new thread on the Biden Administration (what sweet words!) continuing the discussion in the “What do you hope for” thread, but then that thread is already in place and people have already found it. I do like the idea of a positive-oriented hopeful thread in P&E. As I commented in that thread, in a very short time, Democrats are going to turn on Biden and start complaining about all the things he hasn’t done yet or done fast enough. An article in The Atlantic online today says it:

This time we really DO need to give the guy a chance! The conditions under which he is going to have to operate (I’m lookin’ at you, Mitch! :rage: ) will be next to impossible to overcome. I only hope there are enough Republicans in the House and Senate who are also tired of the destructive and obstructive clusterfuck that they will want to do something real for their constituents. (Remember them?) But I digress…

In summary… I suggest we leave threads in place for now and see how things shake out. It’s early days. This is just my opinion and a nod to @Senegoid for offering a (gloved and distanced) hand to me.

We may need an “After Trump – a Clusterfuck in Exile” thread or something, depending on what he does and where he goes. Maybe “Remote Trump – a Clusterfuck from Prison.” Or how about “Donald Who? A Remembrance of Clusterfucks Past.”

P.S. Can you imagine getting through Election Day with all the timeouts and other fuckups that the old board was going through before the switch?? Yikes! Another reason to thank Tuba Diva (of blessed memory). :heart:

Now it’s mentioned, I DO remember that ThelmaLou should name the new thread, and I agree! (I have a horrible memory lately, thanks for the reminder!)
Also just wanted to say that I would be all-in for a zoom Dopefest!

Now I’m kind of wishing his nibs had erected* some statues to himself so we could pull them down. I suppose we could buy some prints from this numpty, and burn them, but the prices are high for what I’m gonna destroy and it would be like those MAGAts who were buying Nikes so they could burn them.

*Please excuse the inevitable mental image.

The “what do you hope for the Biden administration” thread has lost steam. So I did it. A new thread for the Biden administration in the P&E forum.

Clusterfuck 2: Electric Boogaloo
Love Finds Clusterfuck
Song of the Clusterfuck
From Russia With Clusterfuck
I Still Know How You Fucked That Cluster

Well then, may I modestly suggest a BBQ continuation thread along the lines of: The McConnell Obstruction: The Empire Strikes Back

C’mon 2020! You got John Lewis, we get one for our side.

I’ve asked in several places: any comment or reaction from Turtle McTurtleface? (Is he dead, by any chance?)

Maybe the Democrats can do some fundraising by selling Trump effigies. “Trumpigies?”

I’m in!

Seriously, I’ve been looking forward to the day when I could celebrate the End Of Trump with fellow Dopers. That may not ever happen in person, but a Zoom call would be a reasonable substitute.

:roll_eyes:

I don’t know how much credence I give Omarosa, she may know what she’s talking about, she may be talking shit. But at least that’s a cite from someone who has a credible claim.

This though?

WTF is that doing in something that even remotely calls itself news?

Nothing boosts your credibility as a source of financial news then a vague quote from an so-called “psychic”. :roll_eyes:

The t-shirts are now available:

Yeah, because you would totally need to be psychic to notice the level of dysfunction in that household… :roll_eyes:

McConnell has already expressed his intention to exert control over President Biden’s Cabinet.

Of COURSE they’re orange!

It doesn’t take a psychic to see what’s coming. They’re done.

That was before the results were final. Has he been seen or heard from since?

The Clusterfuck Saves Christmas

I took Nixon into consideration, but that was a resignation, not an electoral defeat (though not any less reason to celebrate!)