The Trump Impeachment Inquiry

Funny how now that the Republicans are speaking, Fox decides to play the sound from the senate floor. Unbe-fucking-lievable.

Let’s not forget that literally hours after 9/11 attacks Trump was bragging on a radio show that 40 Wall was now the tallest building downtown (which iirc was also a lie).

I guess we’ll never know the answers to these questions…

In case anyone is interested, here’s the entire 1:24 minute audio. (It’s a cell phone video but for the most part the visual is the ceiling. I’ve made it about an hour in and I’ll finish it later but somehow manages to be boring and fascinating at the same time.) Lots of rich donors trying to steer policies. One particularly interesting section showed lots of the donors trying REALLY REALLY hard to push Trump towards a liberal marijuana policy. It sounds like they all want to invest and the inability of the banking industry to work with cannabis businesses is a real problem for them.

And Trump shows his extraordinary ignorance regarding Ukraine. When he found out they had oil (which he didn’t know, apparently- ) you could almost hear him thinking “why are we giving them money then”. And one if the donors was attempting to make the case that supporting Ukraine was critically important ( not sure if it was Parnas or Fruman ) and Trump wasnt quite there yet.

This is sure to royally piss off some donors, but that’s what they get for lax security. And I’m sure the press will be analyzing it and releasing clips for weeks.

So far the critical part is where Parnas suggests that Ambassador Yovanovitch is bad-mouthing Trump and Trump immediately orders for her to be fired.

Frustratingly, there are still Republicans going on the news shows and claiming Trump did not know Parnas, he was just some dude that happened to be at a dinner.
Oh, just some dude, that he can’t remember, that he trusted enough to fire the Ambassador based purely on what said dude was telling him?

He probably said it and forgot about it five seconds later. Less, maybe, depending on the proximity of shiny.

Well at least I know if I’m ever at a random fundraiser, with Trump agreeing to a photo because he takes thousands of photos with people, I should just whisper: “I hear Mitch McConnell says you’re an unstable idiot…”

Can you link to the ‘critical part’?

The critical part is about 40 minutes in. It should be really easy to find a clip of just the part where he talks about getting rid of Yovanovitch, it has been plastered everywhere and played incessantly.

It was harder to find the full tape. It’s the kind of thing I find interesting, though. It’s not a smoking gun of criminality, just candid private conversations with donors stroking his ego and pushing their causes.

If anyone else out there other than me is interested in Russia/Ukraine recent history and politics, Putin in particular - the Kindle version of Fiona Hill’s book **Mr. Putin -Operative In the Kremlin ** is on sale for today at least - I’m not sure if it’s a daily, weekly or monthly deal.

I had considered buying it before but I always choked at the $25+ price for an e-book. So it made my day when I saw it on sale today for $2.99.

Bolton says that Barr was also concerned about Trump was trading favors to dictators.

Based on the opinion I’ve formed about Barr watching his own undue influence over legitimate investigations in our own country, I’d say Barr is more concerned with how it looks than that it is actually happening.

“Maybe we can let them have Barr, maybe they will think the Atty Gen is the big enchilada, and be satisfied, leave the President alone…”

President Donald J. Nixon

Clean Gene Robinson made note of an interesting thing. Early tonight, Team Trump was adamantly absitively and posolutely denying any suggestion that Il Douche urged an investigation. Then later came Bondi, Pam Bondi to say of course he urged investigation into Burisma, sure! Because that’s what a warrior against corruption is obliged to do, its his duty!

What concerns me the most is the persons who stormed the White House and their followers.

Most of them honestly believed what Trump was saying

Being good American citizens, they honestly believed they were doing the right thing based on what the president of the USA was saying.

I hope the FBI and local police understand this. I would not object to pardons for most of them. Those who used this for devious purposes need to be charge for their crime.

I could support this as part of a truth and reconciliation process in which they admit they were deceived and fully accept that Biden was indeed fairly elected. The problem is that I doubt that the Republicans and right wing media would accept the results of such a process since the result of the Truth commission would be distinctly one-sided (the election was fair and Trump and possibly some high ranking Republicans are guilty of a multitude of sins) and so be accused of left wing bias, leaving us right back where we started.

Yes, they believed what Trump said.

As to whether they thought they were doing the right thing, criminals usually do think that. Most murderers think their victim needed killing.

As for pardons, fine with me because I am generally quite skeptical of the social value of punishment. But they acted wrongly.

When you’re breaking into the Capitol building with guns that’s a sign you’re not a good American citizen.

Didn’t Al Qaeda believe they were doing the right thing?

Commenting to experiment with the date information shown in the scroll bar.