The Truth Social Share Price Contest

This contest is open to Dopers until April 30, 2024. The goal is to predict when the price of any class of share of Trump’s Truth Social will fall below certain values. The difference between your guesses and the actual dates will be taken. I will mail a nice but not particularly valuable prize to the person with the lowest sum of the differences. In the event of a tie, I maintain the right to randomly choose one winner.

To enter, you must predict when any share price of Truth Social will fall below $15, and below $10 and below $5. If you believe this will not happen during 2024, you can also say that, and will receive a difference of zero for that value when this contest closes on December 31, 2024. Otherwise, this contest closes any time the share price is below $15.

Good luck to you, sage financier!

Example: I predict the price of Truth Social will fall below $15 on April 19, below $10 on April 25, and below $5 on April 27, making this contest difficult to judge due to many late entrants.

The “share price” will be taken from this CNN website.

https://www.cnn.com/markets/stocks/DJT

It is currently at $22.91, down about 14% on the day.

Note: this contest will close when the share price is below five US dollars (not fifteen), or December 31, 2024.

Here goes:

Below $15 April 29
Below $10 May 29
Below $5 July 1

Erratum: this contest will close either when the share price is below $5, or on December 31, 2024.

Below $15 April 18
Below $10 May 01
Below $5 July August 1

I think it will be an ever-flattening curve, slowly flatlining to about $2.50 when the Lockup period ends.

Below $15 April 22
Below $10 April 26
Below $5 May 15

My guess:

Below $15: April 28
Below $10: June 3
The price will not fall below $5 in 2024.

@OldOlds please clarify your third guess. Thanks.

Ought that be “below $15”? Because by the time it nears $5, folk will know exactly when it dipped below $15 and $10. (Just don’t want you to think folk aren’t taking this contest seriously!) :wink:

Below $15: April 24
Below $10: May 1
Below $5: May 14

That depends on if it dips below those numbers before April 30. I wrote this thread before seeing how badly things had gone today so changed the numbers. FWIW, CNN sees a 52-week low of $12.40, but they probably lack the sophisticated sagacity of MAGA beliebers. If it drops below $5 before April 30, late entries have an unfair advantage, so a winner may be chosen at random.

This is an exceedingly serious contest. :face_with_monocle: After all, Trump Social attracts serious investors, many of whom are associated with serious institutions. (Although these institutions may be more eleemosynary or medical than pure finance.). :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Sorry- should have been
Below $15 April 18
Below $10 May 01
Below $5 August 1

Below $15 May 1
Below $10 July 25
Below $5 Not before the end of 2024

Where is the " :rocket: to the moon :rocket: " option?

/s

Right in the kisser?

Sounds fun.
Below $15 April 25
Below $10 May 15
Below $5 July 15

Does it have to dip below and stay there? Is it the first time it dips below a threshold, and if it recovers slightly and dips below again, the second one doesn’t count?

No. The first time the value dips below these numbers, that date is still recorded and used to determine the winner even if the value subsequently climbs.

Dead cat bounce today?

Below 15 May 6.
10 June 5
5 June 12

Too soon.

It’s people who think “This must be the bottom! Time to get rich!”

Up another 20% today so far today. I blame this thread. When Trump pays all his judgments, and hires the best lawyers money can by, we can all point to the April 16th post as the reason it started to turn around for Trump. /s