The Walking Dead; 8.03 "Monsters" (open spoilers)

That’s what I was trying to say. You articulated it better, though.

Well, somehow I missed who he was. Was he a previously seen character?

First season. He and his family set off on their own for Birmingham.

Your wish shall be fulfilled, my friend. Have faith, for all is unfolding as planned and the righteous shall surely prevail!!

Here’s a thought: Sweep the building, before you hunker down in it (or just outside of it).

Ezekiel thinks he is Henry V on St. Crispin’s Day.

He was speaking to Rick like he knew his past and I thought he meant pre outbreak past like he was also in law enforcement with Rick.

Rick mentioned Lori and Shane which may have been known to LEO buddies but then he also mentioned Andrea who wouldn’t be known unless he knew Rick AFTER the outbreak.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

And “yet I smile…”

Didn’t like it. And no, there is no difference any more between the ‘good’ guys and the ‘bad’ guys, which is why the writers have to make the ‘bad’ guys act like sneering, chortling assholes. That’s so you can tell who the bad ones are, because good guys don’t shoot teenagers in the face after they have surrendered and have done everything you asked and are clearly just frightened and out of their depth.

If that had been Negan casually shooting Carl after promising not to, everyone would be saying, “Worst Monster ever!” But when it’s lovable mop-top Daryl shooting a stranger, we’re supposed to just accept it. Sorry, but Daryl is unredeemable now. He went over the line. He can die any time.

Also, Rick’s group attempted to slaughter all of Negan’s men in their freaking sleep, and Negan let most of them live. And yet, people in Rick’s group want to just kill all the saviours, even when it’s clear that many of them are there under duress because Negan will kill them otherwise.

So while Negan may be the big bad guy, I’m failing to see how Rick’s group has the moral high ground. I say, start rooting for the walkers.

Whatever happened to “Only one person needs to die!!!1!!”.

I hope the show turns around soon, or it might lose me.Last season dragged, and so far this season hasn’t won me back. And I already paid for a season pass from Amazon.

StG

Sam: Sometimes you have to drop the A-bomb on Hiroshima to stop the war. But I get it that you’re disappointed. I’m not thrilled, either. But I’ve seen this show redeem itself in the past; I just hope it does so again.

Didn’t like this episode. The ONLY good part was when Daryl walked in and ended the Morales stand off with a crossbow bolt to the face. We need a Daryl in the writer’s room.

Writer #1 “I’m seeing a four episode arc, where we examine the shifting morality of the groups, their leadership, and individual secondary…”

(A CROSSBOW BOLT SINKS UP TO THE FLETCHINGS IN WRITER #1’S FACE)

Writer #2 (shocked, protesting) “He was the head writer.”

Daryl “I know who he was. Doesn’t matter. Now I’m going to grab a smoke. Be back in five. Have this Negan shit wrapped up before the first commercial break so we can get back to some interesting zombie shit. Oh, and you…reload my crossbow, in case anybody wants to say ‘examine the shifting morality’ again. Now get to writing. Recess is over, bitches.”

What does Morgan say after the fight with Jesus? I thought it was “I’m not right.”

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Good…bad. Daryl’s the one with the crossbow.

Rick and Friends have the “moral high ground” (such that is even important) because it was pretty well established that under Savior rule, people would continue to be murdered for things like missing quotas, acting against the interests of the Saviors or simply at Negan’s whim. That some number of Saviors don’t want to be there is largely incidental. And, in fact, said teenager took a couple of shots at Rick and Daryl just a few moments earlier. Had they let him go, it’s likely he would just go back to the Saviors and report in.
But I would agree that the writers can’t seem to decide if they want to make the Saviors snarling Mad Max lunatics or just the flip side of the Alexandria coin.
Also Tara has a pretty big mouth for someone who once fought with the guy who cut off Maggie’s dad’s head.