The "You are dumb" thread

Did you come up with this on your own? Because if you did, it’s nothing short of brilliant.

Yes, but that does not mean that one cannot reasonably draw a line separating innocent an life from a raping, murderous life.

If you think the things you do don’t affect the other million people living around you, you are dumb. If you have never considered that the things you do affect the other million people living around you, you are dumb. If you think it’s okay because you get away with it, you are dumb.

If you use your atheism as the linch pin of your belief that you are smarter than everyone else with whom you come into contact, then you’re pretty dumb.

If you use your faith in god as a rationale for your superiority over other who don’t share your faith, your’re incredibly dumb, but you are in the company of tens or hundreds of millions.

Came with that on my own, but I searched and found it is not original, it was reported from the wild at Urban dictionary last year.

Let’s just simplify it: If you think your views on religion, whatever they may be, make you superior, then you are dumb.

This is not an attack on you, A Monkey with a Gun, as I understand this isn’t what you’re saying, but your comment suggested another to me.

If you insist that atheism is a religion, you are dumb.

I can get behind that.

Smart, for certain values of “smart.”

Then you are an animal lover.

How about: If you think you are superior, then you are dumb.

I think that’s fucking perfect.
Funnily enough, that is the idea behind my user name. Mankind ain’t superior - we’re just a bunch of monkeys with guns.

I’d say our ability to make and use guns makes us, evolutionarily speaking, pretty damn superior. Empirical evidence seems to back me up.

Indeed.

Animals have no culture. They have no evolving society. Animals today live the exact same way animals lived 100 years ago, 1000 years ago or 10,000 years ago or 100,000 years ago.

On the other hand if you compare how we live today versus how we lived just twenty years ago, it’s an astonishing difference. To say nothing of 100 or 1000 years ago.

We are superior to animals. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t treat animals humanely, but we’re definitely superior.

Aha! You’ve touched on one of my favorite subjects. I love this.

There is no such thing as “superior” when it comes to evolution. There are billions of humans on this planet, but we have to be very careful before we think we are a “superior” species. The humble rat out numbers us. If we would detonate every nuke we have in a “doomsday” scenario, we could still not kill off life. Probably wouldn’t even kill off the humble rat. Humans are just not that strong. Yes, we are affecting the climate, but all that is doing is making it good for other species and less for us.

Life survived mass extinctions caused by fucking Asteroid strikes. Climate change ain’t an asteroid impact. Truly, we’re just not that important in the scheme of things.

We are good predators, and we act a bit like social insects, but success of a species does not equal “superiority”. Our species is not immortal. Our tool use does not negate the mechanisms behind evolution.

Not an attack on hobostew, just something else I thought of:

If you think humans are the height of evolution, you are dumb.

There is no “height”.

If you disagree with me on any subject, then you are dumb.

heh heh heh

Just kidding.

If you think god cares whether or not someone wins a sports game, then you are dumb.
If you think coincidences are proof of a higher power, then you are dumb.
If you think the inability of science to explain everything perfectly means there’s a higher power, then you are dumb.

If you think God isn’t a Steelers fan, you are dumb. :smiley: (Well, it looks like he’s pissed at Ben Roethlisberger right now, at least)