The "You are dumb" thread

If you don’t think YogSosoth has an ax to grind, you are dumb.

Buddy, didn’t you read the posts on the first page about how insulting other worldviews is dumb? I’ll give you the “sports game” thing, but the rest is just insulting. That’s dumb, and we mentioned that earlier.

Actually, there are some groups of apes that have learned how to use primitive tools. One bright ape learns to use a pointy stick to open a shellfish, for instance, and soon most of the apes in that group learn how to do it by watching.

Well, I was going to say human evolution has given them the advantage over other species in that they have the best chance to leave the planet, whereas all other species seem to be facing extinction when our sun craps the bed. But if we do leave, we’ll certainly take some friends with us, so I guess cats, dogs, marijuana, and the other delicious or entertaining species are in the clear.

He seems even angrier at Tim Tebow. Besides, there’s plenty of evidence from the Bible that God has a crippling gambling addiction. I mean like one of those guys who sit around in a bar looking for something to bet on. “See that guy? I bet he loses his faith.” “You’re on!”

Well, it’s probably pretty boring up there. And how long can he really put up with the Holy Ghost’s schtick of running around with a sheet over his head?

That was funny.
Reminds me of ‘The True Story of Kaspar, the Dead Baby’.
http://johnglenntaylor.blogspot.com/2009/03/kaspar-dead-baby.html

Tebow debates aside…and back to the (somewhat weak) Pitting:

If you believe (without any real proof) Jews are organized and powerful enough to affect international finance and control elections around the world but dumb and weak enough to leave large numbers of regular Joes who hate you and can somehow spot the conspiracy, you are not only dumb but a racist douchebag who deserves any/all scorn that comes to you (link).

Oh, and just off the wire:

If you think professional military personnel literally pissing on the dead is an example of “kids being kids” and doing stupid kid things, you are dumb (link).

An easy mistake. All those countries look the same to me, too. :smiley:

And if you think that’s unusually bad treatment of a fallen enemy by a US soldier, you are dumb.

If you think that a snowstorm occuring in January disproves global warming, you are dumb.

If you think global warming was invented by Al Gore, you are dumb.

If you think that the president’s patriotism is called into question by the color tie he wears, what condiments he orders on a hamburger, how often he wears a flag pin on his lapel, what football team he roots for, or what music he likes, you are dumb.

If you have ever referred to President Obama as “the Messiah” or “the Anointed One”, and believe that his supporters view him as such, you are dumb.

If you think it’s a good idea to raise taxes on the middle class and poor so they have “skin in the game”, but a bad idea to cut subsidies to oil companies because it “punishes job creators”, you are dumb.

If you believe that legalizing gay marriage will cause everyone to become gay and lead to the extinction of mankind, you are dumb.

If you believe that it’s OK for LBGT children to be bullied at school so they can learn that their lifestyle is immoral, you are dumb.

If you think that They Don’t Want You To Know about fabulous cheap, safe cures for various medical conditions (“They” being doctors, health care workers, researchers, and employees of Big Pharma and government agencies like the CDC etc. who would love to heal themselves and their loved ones if such cures existed), then you are a dumb, venomous twit.

Only if you are using than as a conjunction. “If you think you are smarter than I [am smart], you are dumb”? Technically also correct, but awkward.

By using than as a preposition, than modifies the object pronoun “me”. Sounds much better in casual conversation.
Anyone else care to try?:smiley:

I don’t think that. But IMO, (and also the opinion of others I have spoken with on the subject) that is anti-abortion, not fully pro-life.

Oh, Christ. I read the OP when it was first posted and assumed it was some 13 year old bitching about The Man Holding Us Down. Never occurred to me that it would be a Nazi.

Really? We declared war on Germany and Japan, and won. I guess you could say we thought we had no chance, but I don;t know. As far as I know, Korea and Vietnam were police actions, and we lost. But I guess you could say we thought we would win. :dubious:

But we do have guns.

“Man has always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much…the wheel, New York, wars and so on…while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man…for precisely the same reason.”

Douglas Adams

If you believe that Andrew Wakefield is a misunderstood martyr only out to help children but Dr. Paul Offit is a money grubbing greedhead you are dumb.

If you believe that if you get a small welt after getting the flu shot that makes flu shots bad but if you die from the flu that’s just natural and okay you are dumb.

If you believe that measles is a harmless disease that only kills people who are undernourished but the measles shot is killing thousands of people each year you are dumb.

If you believe that taking a child to a chiropractor for a homeopathic vaccine is a good idea but pediatric well baby visits aren’t you are dumb.

If you believe that the CDC is a lousy source of information because it is controlled by big pHARM companies but a website run by an English pig farmer who believes the world is run by lizard kings is an acceptable source you are dumb.

Link please! I need the wisdom of lizard kings.