Then and Now

It doesn’t have to be musical groups, but where are they now?

Susanna Hoffs has gotten more gorgeous with age.

Stranger

Concur.
Just the other day I was explaining to someone that the trappings of pop that made her “adorable” (or cute as can be) in the 80’s or 90’s didn’t allow her natural beauty to show as it does above sans hoop earrings, teased up hair, garish makeup, etc.

I guess I am shallow enough to look at it like this, I care what the person on the right thinks and feels. The gal on the left could be [just] eye candy who can play a bass line and look good doing it.

Concerning the OP, Jason Bateman went from cute kid actor to the go to guy for everyman in a nutty situation. There may be no one better, and he can do it being funny or more serious. There are more that I just can’t think of right now. (In the morning I will wake up with twenty-eight more ideas and they will all have been posted by then.)

Okay one more. Marisa Tomei has retained her looks, but for my money she has also become more substantial somehow. She went from a Jersey/Brooklyn girl with a ticking biological clock in MCV to someone who has the ability to play real and touching roles. (Who knows, maybe I just don’t like that big hair style that was so popular in the 80’s and 90’s?)

One of my favorite little touches in “My Cousin Vinny” was that he keeps calling her “Lisa” but it turns out her full name is “Mona Lisa.”

Susannah, Marisa…another crush of mine from that era is Mira Sorvino. She’s looking mighty good!

I haven’t seen this yet but it looks interesing.

Remember Jane Wiedlin’s singing part in “Clue” (at about 1:20 in clip)?"

Jersey? That’s 100% Brooklyn right there. It’s a stretch to play Aunt May from Queens.