There's a mouse in my shoe...

…and it won’t shut up.

I’ve got a cheap-but-comfortable pair of men’s dress shoes that I’ve worn for about four months or so. Lately, one of the heels has begun to squeak annoyingly every time I take a normal step. I’ve found that I can silence it if I angle my foot just so, but that seems ridiculous, not to mention uncomfortable.

I’m sure there’s some very easy remedy or remedies out there that you might be able to share. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You, Sir, need a cobbler. :slight_smile:

A peach cobbler.
As I understand it, shoes squeak when the inner sole and the outer sole try to slide past each other. If there’s a cheap and easy way to bond the two back together without replacing the outer sole, I’d sure like to hear about it.
Of course, I could be completely wrong about the whole thing.

I occasionally suffer from mouse-in-shoe, but that is because the cat puts them there. The she puts her paws in the shoe and its mate and flaps them together like a seal. I solve it by turning the shoe upside down, flailing and screaming “AArrgh!”

Oh God, do I ever need a peach cobbler. Pardon me while I wipe the drool off of my keyboard…

Alright, so I guess I’ll visit the cobbler and have him assess the damage. Considering the shoes cost me $23, I suspect I’ll end up just replacing them. Thanks for the thoughts!

I am CERTAIN, however, that I will not be taking any shoes from conurepete’s house. :eek:

The ancient lore, passed down to me by my now-dead father, proclaims that shoes will squeak until you have paid for them. Do you have an unpaid balance on your charger card? There you go. :smiley: