There's a new Rubik's Cube: Rubik's Revolution. I'm going to Brag.

Yes, it’s true…For those who don’t know there is a new Rubik’s Cube called the Rubik’s Revolution. Watch out FLASH animation.

I bought one for my nephew of 9 and he just called me and showed me via webcam that he solved it* I couldn’t believe it, sis said he loved the gift and dove into solving it as soon as he could. I congratulated him on his achievment and decided I’d like one. So it’ll be here tomorrow!

Anyway, I had to brag about my smart nephew…and I’d like to know if anyone else out there has seen one or played with one…
*It’s six games in one, he solved the Lightning one…

I hate to be a party pooper, but this toy is nothing like the original. From the FAQ:

Q: Do the colored sides move like the original Cube?

A: No, the sides do not move, but you must turn & spin the Revolution in your hands just like the original Cube in order to play each game. The faster you can move the Revolution in your hands, the better you will get at all of the core games!

From reading the manual on the flash site - there are 6 lit buttons which you press according to different rules depending on the game you’re playing (speed, memory, etc), and that’s about it. Nothing wrong with that as a game, but it’s nothing like a real Rubik’s cube.

Still, I’m sure solving one of the games at the age of 9 is an achievement. Give your nephew a pat on the back from me!

I’ll have to look at it and see if my 4.5 year old would enjoy it.

I apologize for my previous post. It came off way nastier than I had expected. Suffice to say that it is a neat puzzle toy, and solving one of the games is an achievement. Good for him.

It looks more like an advanced Simon than anything else.

He’s a good kid and the fact that he wanted to call me up on the phone, have me log into their website and watch it realtime - I’m in CT they are on the west coast, made my afternoon. It certainly goes outside the real rubiks phenom, but it was cool watching him do it so fast.
No worries Muldoon