There's no thread for this yet? Okay, I'll start it - The Other Guys

I wasn’t too in to Ricky Bobby, and I thought Anchorman was intermittently funny at best, but I saw The Other Guys a few days back, and I thought it was the funniest thing all year. The first half, especially, was hilarious (“If I were a lion, and you were a tuna, I would swim out into the middle of the ocean and EAT YOU!”), and the second half kept moving and kept me laughing. Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg had fantastic chemistry. I especially loved the running gags – hot chicks being into Ferrell, the bad guys stealing their shoes, the wooden gun, homeless orgies.

Did anyone else think this movie was great? But don’t come in here and dis it, ‘cause Gator don’t play that shit!

I loved this movie. The best part, by far, is the fact that Mark Wahlberg spent the entire movie sounding just like Andy Samberg’s bad impression of Mark Wahlberg.

Huh. I guess me and Friedo were the only ones who saw it. Or maybe we were the only ones who liked it. shrug *I *thought it was funny.

Now I’ma talk to a tuna!

I saw it. I thought it was a mediocre buddy cop comedy that had a few good moment and a few jokes driven too far into the ground. I’ve certainly spent money on worse movies but it is in the category where a year from now if the title is mentioned I won’t remember for sure what it was.

I can’t be held down in this thread!!!
Come on SDMB!!! I’m a peacock!!! I need to fly!!!

I saw it during a movie marathon with a friend. We also saw The Expendables and Scott Pilgrim the same day, and The Other Guys was my favorite. Ferrell turning the tuna thing around on Wahlberg was just epic, and I laughed until I hurt myself at Bad Cop, Bad Cop, even though I’d seen it a dozen times before in trailers.

Not to mention other movies.

It was good. But I’d pay serious cash to see The Rock and SLJ in a buddy cop movie.

I saw it a couple weeks ago, and was definitely unimpressed. It worked a little too hard to make things funny.

Aw, I liked it fine.

Possibly primarily because it had Titus Pullo, Australian Assassin.

This.
It was ok, but it seemed to me that Mark Wahlberg was trying too hard to be the over the top funny guy that Will Ferrell usually plays, and Will Ferrell was trying to play the quiet straight guy. There were some funny bits in there, but like the tuna thing, they tried to play it out too long and it stopped being funny. It was ok, but I doubt it’ll be in my “buy” bin.

I enjoyed it greatly.

The wife and I saw it on a whim and was pleasantly surprised.

I especially liked what happened to the Rock and SLJ.

What other movies had “Bad Cop, Bad Cop” in them?

I thought the movie was funny–much better than Anchorman, Ricky Bobby and Talladega Nights, all of which were pretty lame IMO.

Will Ferrell has done Bad Cop, Bad Cop in other movies?

I laughed at Ferrell’s performance, not the joke itself.

This was probably my favorite aspect of the movie - it wasn’t just ‘weird and crazy’ Will Ferrell vs ‘straight man’ Mark Wahlberg. Instead they were two guys who were both moderately weird in very different ways, and both pathetically bad at their jobs. I liked that a scene of Wahlberg gawking at Ferrell singing Irish a capella in a bar fed into a scene of Ferrell watching Wahlberg perform ballet to win back his girlfriend. Movies where just one person is weird are usually cringe-comedy. In this movie, the entire universe seemed off kilter, and it was just funny.

Actually, the more I think of it, the more I liked it. This one is a definite buy for me.